"I need more time to think about it." She stated while easing her way over to the couch. Jersey tossed the stack of papers on the coffee table.

She placed her décor pillow on the arm of the sofa and sat right beside Malcolm. He sat there dressed casually in a t-shirt and Nike shorts. Jersey was able to see the tattoos that covered his right leg.

He laid his head back while staring at her. She wore a tank-top with no bra and some sweatpants. Malcolm reached out and flicked her hardened nipple through her shirt. He managed to say, "Take your time."

She grabbed his hand and placed a kiss on it before dropping it.

"I might have an older sister and younger brother also." She continued, clearly stunned. Jersey ran her slender fingers over her thick lips as she scoffed. "This is crazy."

"I have a younger brother and sister too," Malcolm claimed, honestly. "I don't fuck with them, though."

"Why?" Jersey asked as she turned her attention on him.

Malcolm shrugged his shoulders and looked over at the television that hung on the wall. "Mack didn't try to introduce us."

"This might sound invasive, but does he treat you and June like the outside children?"

Malcolm glanced over at Jersey and nodded his head stiffly.

"He treats us like outsiders. Like he was fucking with my mama on the side. But the shit was the other way around."

"Did Sydney come between your mom and dad?"

"In a way, she did." He started after clearing his throat. "But I wouldn't put all the blame on her. She didn't know Mack was with my mom until later. That didn't stop her from fucking with him, though. He was back and forth—from my mom to Sydney. My mom eventually got tired of the shit and told him to leave her the fuck alone. He ended up marrying Sydney."

With her hand pressed underneath her chin, she muttered, "Wow. Then she's aware of your father's intentions of not wanting to be a part of you and June's life. At the hospital, she acted unaware of the situation."

"I doubt she knows." Malcolm shrugged his shoulders. "He kept us a secret from her. That was my first time meeting her at the hospital. However, I already knew her name."

Jersey shook her head. In her opinion, Mack was weak and sorry. She pushed out a sigh and closed her eyes for a brief moment. She was nervous about meeting Abshir. Jersey didn't know what to expect.

"When I do meet Abshir, I want you to be with me." She stated while opening her eyes, placing them on Malcolm, who decided to open his MacBook. "I don't think I can do it alone."

He looked over at her and nodded his head. "I'm coming, regardless."

Her mouth curved into a small grin as she grew closer to his body. Jersey entwined her arm with his and laid her head on his shoulder.

Malcolm opened a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Her eyes grew big when she realized it was his budgeting for the bills of her apartment. Everything was on the spreadsheet—the utilities, rent, tv subscriptions, groceries, and toiletries needed for them. She knew he kept his bills organized but not overly systematic.

"You should move in." Jersey burst out, staring at his computer screen.

"Move in?"

She looked at the side of his head, admiring his smooth chocolate skin. "Yeah, I don't think it's safe to go back to your place."

Malcolm shook his head no. Moving in with Jersey did sound great and all, but he wasn't moving into her apartment. Only her name was on the lease. She had the power to kick him out, and that was something he wasn't willing to risk.