Panic

Freshly showered, slightly wet hair and with baggy clothes on, she stumbled down to the workshop. On the way she tried not to trip but also didn't look up, so she could keep on reading the article on her phone. Tony's voice grew louder by step and was fully understandable when she opened the glass door. Aurora wasn't listening though and sneaked past his screens towards the sofa. He only became aware of her presence when she turned the TV, which was already running, louder.

„Back, huh?" he asked, amused. They had discussed other metals since Stark wanted the suit to be colored and this one was only a prototype. Walker had gone upstairs a few minutes ago after he threw metal shavings from the new suit at her, which unfortunately ended up in uncomfortable places.
She shot daggers through her eyes at him when she glanced over her shoulder. At the same moment something about Tony was mentioned in the news. Both only paid attention shortly before presumed doing what they did. For Stark it happened to be choosing a color for the third suit. The screen loaded for a second till a picture of a fully golden one appeared.

„Pretty buff" he said out loud, getting the brown-haired-girl to look at him with furrowed brows.

„What was I thinking, since otherwise you're so grounded" the AI said sarcastically making him scoff but smile when seeing the teens upside down frown.

„Point for Jarvis" the girl exclaimed from the sofa while sitting up straight.

„You know what, add little bit more red"

„Yes, that should help not to stand out" Aurora said, dripping with sarcasm, chucking her phone to the other side of the couch to watch the news.

Do it" Tony announced to the AI and got up when Jarvis told him the finishing time. He turned off the TV while watching the now annoyed Walker. „We're going to a party" the billionaire stirring her anger slightly. „Jarvis, the lady needs a dress" he ordered pulling Aurora up from her seat. She eyed him with a disapproving look. „Or suit?"

„Give me damn pants" she murres next to him while climbing the stairs. She didn't necessarily want to be among people and fought back verbally, but she couldn't really discuss with Stark.

Upstairs was a young woman holding a black knee-length dress and some sort of grey dress-pants and matching tops parts. Aurora was skeptical of where she came from so quickly, who she even was and whose cloths those were. Aurora sighed and took it the suit nonetheless.

The matching jacket fell lose around her shoulders, to with she threw on a simple white blouse and what seemed to be a black dress vest. She found a pair of simple black-ish formal shoes going nicely along to the dark grey slacks.
With the sleeves rolled up and her light forearms exposed you were able to see that the waistcoat had silver texture hidden within. She couldn't help but think about how her mother would send her to change.

You are a disgrace. No lady would ever wear this. I can't be seen with you like that!

She practically could see the dirty look she would receive for not picking the dress. Walker didn't quite know where her hate for dresses and skirts came from but being able to have a choice was a new concept.

Aurora smiled back at the toxic imagine of perception she had. Nobody can control her now. Recognizing that, she decided to go all in. Gelling her hair back. Her breath slightly quickened when she noticed the personality change in the mirror.
She always had to curl or straighten her hair when she was with her mother and when she one day had enough, she took kitchen scissors and chopped her mane. Unknown to Aurora, cutting of her hair off meant cutting herself out of that family for her mother.

One last doubt over came her. She starred at herself.

Is this even appropriate? What will Stark think?