Chapter one

I was just walking to get some ice cream and some idiot hits me with their car.

I was watching my body get taken away by the ambulance as if I was a ghost, I saw them trying to restart my heart but it didn't work.

Hehe I'm a ghost now, time to haunt all those bitches who fucked me over....not literally of course.

I've just got to find a way out of this shadow land I seem to be in.

'I don't think that would be wise Maddison.' A woman's voice suddenly says.

'Who's is talking to me?' I call out a little nervously.

'I am Etherea, goddess of death. I have been watching you and I've decided to give you a second chance at life.'

'A second chance? Why?' I asks confused as I haven't exactly done anything special.

'When a human dies their soul normally gets reborn but I'm letting you be reborn somewhere I know you'll thrive and find happiness. You will be reborn into The Vampire Diaries, be gifted with the power of magic.' Etherea says happily and I can't help smiling.

'Thank you Etherea. Is there anything I should know? Any catches?' I ask nervously.

'Mates exist in The Vampire Diaries, you will have a silver dot on your body as to how many you have. These dots will form when you're seventeen - unless you meet a mate before then - and then they'll form into initials once you reach eighteen, once you have met your mate they will change into their name. There are no catches my dear but I warn you that the ancestors will not agree with you being there. I shall place protection on you and your friends that you shall make but be careful.' She warns me and I nod gratefully.

'Thank you Etherea.' I say just as the world starts to spin a bit.

'Wait who will I be reborn as?'

I get no reply as everything spins.

'Go now child and change as much as you want. I will be watching in the shadows'

———————————————————

Birth

It's very bright, that's all I can really tell about where I am. I think I'm in a hospital.

'Aw isn't she sweet Miranda?' A mans voice says.

Miranda? Is that the name of my mum?

'She sure is honey' I'm assuming it's Miranda who replies.

'What shall we call her?'

Who am I? I don't recognise these names.

'Elena. Elena Gilbert'

Oh fuck off. Not the doppelgänger. Anybody but the doppelgänger.

———————————————————

1 year old.

I've spent a year doing absolutely nothing, it's driving me insane.

I go to daycare today which is sort of cool I guess as I'll be able to meet Bon Bon and Care Bear.

I hate Greyson, I sneak into his office sometimes and I read about the experiments they perform on poor Lorenzo, as soon as I develop my magic enough I'm going to find him.

I've started to practice my magic and it's coming along well, I've still got a long way to go but I can do simpler spells and a some harder ones.

Miranda drops me off at Daycare and I look around a little nervously, I spot Caroline and Bonnie sitting together and bite my lip a little.