Chapter 12: Golden Week (Are Dogs Allowed in the Faculty?) 1/?

( ✧Д✧)

-Kageyama-

(Quick fact: instead of the canon version, where they have full-time school also during golden week, I decided to keep it only half a day, basically only till 12 p.m.)

Kageyama threw the ball up and down while laying on his bed, their team now had an ace and a libero. The odd part about the two new people was their personalities; Nishinoya, the libero, a short, loud, and annoying guy, who would turn intimidating at situations; Asahi, the ace, a tall, muscular, and shy guy, who would sheepishly look away if Nishinoya looked at him in the eye.

Then they had the match. At the end of Golden Week, a match against Nekoma, they're said to be "all-time rivals" since coach Nekomata and the old coach Ukai always rivaled each other. According to their new coach, who quote on said, "I'm here only till you beat Nekoma."

The fact that the coach was the same cranky guy from the Sakanoshita store, had crept him out, but he wasn't surprised when the cranky guy didn't recognize him. What had surprised him was that the cranky guy just happened to be the old Coach Ukai's grandson.

He threw the ball up. Starting tomorrow, they were going to be attending the training camp, well the words he thought fit for the title were: a whole week of sleepovers and training. He had tried not to show any discontent on his face when Takeda had announced that they were going there on Wednesday.

He sat upon his bed and let himself fall back down. On Tuesday, when Kindaichi and Kunimi had come over, he didn't remember much that occurred other than him breaking down, it was still a backhand embarrassment given the fact that he had let himself cry after these many years.

"If you ever feel like talking about anything, don't worry, just call us," That's what Kindaichi had told him before he and Kunimi had left his house. The ironic part was that even he felt like there was something the two boys had not told him.

He looked at the diary placed on the crook of his desk. Surprising as it had felt, he thought it'd be a good idea if he could keep a track of everything that has been happening to him; grunting a bit, he sat back up-

Bzzzz

Bzzzzz

He jumped at the noise, of course, living alone in a house, not many self-defense items, the fact that it was 4:09 a.m., the list would go on-

Bzzzzz

Bzzzzzz

A dull light shone through the sheets. Sighing and muttering a "yay great" to himself, Kageyama grabbed the phone from below the soft fur. The moment he picked the phone up, the buzzing stopped.

"Ugh," he muttered and sat back on the bed, his dimly outlined shadow did the same on the wall, the only light supplementing the room was the dim street lights' rays pouring through his window.

Writing in his diary had become a small routine now, he gnawed on his lip in thought; his mind was still debating over the question of whether he should bring the diary with him to the place.

Bzzz.

The phone vibrated and lit up in his palm. Annoyed, he flipped the phone and typed the password in, just to groan in return. Hinata had contacted him.

- - - -

Hinata Shouyou:

Kageyamaaaaaaa! are you still awake???

- - - -

He stared at the text, his thumb still pressed the swipe up so the message wouldn't mark read.