Chapter 2: The Punch (Oikawa)

The red string of fate...

This is a string that ties your hand with your soulmate, there could be two strings, but that's on the uncommon-rare side, but is definitely possible.

The string looks like an average red thread, but is glossier, and can stretch as long as across the world.

There is no accurate time when you precisely are going to meet your soulmate or the age when you start seeing the string.

-·-·-Tooru Oikawa-·-·-

Tooru sat on his bed, gazing at the wall then to his wrist, a little under where the red string was knotted, were small scratches, at first gaze, they would look like scratches given by a cat... but he knew that was definitely not the case, which cat keeps scratching the same person, this frequently?

He knew that soulmates experienced emotional pain and physical pain on a mild scale. He also knew that there was a third person in their relationship, who was experiencing all this pain... there was a time when he thought only him and Iwaizumi were soulmates, but a little after they both started dating and all, they realized that they weren't the ones who had caused the scars, you see he had confronted Iwaizumi about the scars on their wrists thinking Iwaizumi might be going through something rough that he wasn't able to tell him about, but Iwaizumi just shook his head and had said, "no, I have been meaning to ask you that, since I feel waves of pain and other tense emotions, but I just thought that you needed mental space."

·-.-·-·-.-·-·-.quick FYI.-·-·-.-·-·-.-·

Oikawa had confronted Iwaizumi a bit while after Kageyama's mother died, that's what the cuts meant.

.-·-·-.-·-·-.sorry for the interruption.-·-·-.-·-·-.

Sometimes the pain that was felt emotionally, was too much... Tooru didn't know how to exactly explain the pain, but it usually was a sharp headache and a mix of emotions, but these days, instead of sensing just numbness and pain, he sensed a hint of happiness- Oikawa frowned and grabbed the volleyball that was underneath his desk, he laid on his bed and tossed the ball up, and watched it fall softly in his hands.

For an unknown reason, this took him back to the time when he was teaching his kohai how to set, Tobio-chan, right? He thought- the kid who could easily copy his movements; his actions; the kid, who could easily do all the things that had taken him years to achieve... if Iwa-chan hadn't stopped me, would I carry a pang of even greater guilt? His thoughts glimmered, he remembered how Iwaizumi had stopped him from beating his kohai up... He still remembers the important thing that he was taught that day, the difference between "I" and "we"... he never hit Tobio, but something made him feel even more guilty.

He sighed heavily and sat up, Kageyama was coming to his mind more often then he wanted too, most likely because he saw those matches. Back then even though he was smiling, he was just trying to cover up the pain, the guilt; his head raced with possibilities of who could be their other soulmate. He glanced at the clock above his desk, 1:13 am... He yawned and stretched a bit, then switched his table-lamp off and pulled the covers.

-next day-

Ring! Ring!
Tooru's eyes fluttered open, he yawned once and looked at the clock, 6:30... It took him a few seconds and blinks before yelling: ah shit! I'm late! He clumsily fell while stepping on his long pajamas and got up, he then grabbed his uniform which he simultaneously tried to put on while brushing his teeth.