What's the first reason?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I actually wanted to give some sort of fluff-chapter as a little 2021 gift but let's be real.. Kid isn't the typical fluff person. 
So I decided to adjust his fluff-o-meter as well as possible. 
Hope you guys like it. Let me know if you feel like Kid could be more or less fluffier than in this chapter! 
Ps: I wish you all the best for 2021! Let's make it better than 2020.

-----

You've spent the evening with Suki on deck, catching up on everything that has happened so far, after showering and putting on some fresh clothes.
Suki never knew about you and Ace dating.
The last time you've seen her was when you've just joined the Whitebeard pirates. Back in the past, you've told her that you had just planned on staying until you've mastered a few skills.
But you chose to stay because of Ace.

Then you were hiding from people who tried to capture you, without them even knowing how you look like.
Suki mentioned how often she has recognized you in many articles and how hundreds of islands wanted to know who you were.
When you've explained how you joined the Kid pirates and what happened between you and Kid, Suki looked at you sad and shrugged.

"Did you talk to him about it, (Y/N)? Maybe it's not like you think?", she tried to reassure you.
"I haven't.", you looked to the door, which led to the little corridor to his cabin. "I cannot take any more bad news, Suki. I need a break."

"We all do, honey. But people like us are not meant to be resting. Our lives are supposed to be complicated and full of pain.", Suki leaned onto the railing and took in a deep breath of one of Heat's jackets, which he had brought her.

"What about you?", you turned to her and smiled a bit. The sight of her being happy, made you realize that this was a rare moment for the two of you. You rarely saw her being comfortable around other men, which she usually pretended to be.

After taking in another deep breath, Suki talked about her last few years. She mentioned how often she had been kidnapped and imprisoned and how she escaped every time.
A few marine officers were chasing her because they wanted her to join the marine's but she always refused.

Suki also told you about the one time she met Lucci and spend a few days looking for you with him because rumors were spreading about you being nearby on an island.
"I actually was there and when I heard that someone was looking for me, I left.", you nodded at the memory of how everyone was talking about you.

A short slap on your arm brought you back to your senses.
"And I was worried sick, girl!", Suki shook her head and pulled the jacket back up.

You knew that it wasn't cold outside, not even for Suki. She just wanted to be surrounded by his smell.
"What happened while I was knocked out? How did you and Heat even get together?", you looked at her confused.

"Well, I took care of his wounds and he and Sova were the only one's not making any sexual jokes. Then I started talking to Heat because he always woke up earlier than the others.", Suki smiled at the thought of how they began flirting.

Nodding at the statement of him being an early bird, you remembered that Suki enjoyed waking up early as well instead of sleeping in.
"So we got to know each other and whenever I made my rounds to take care of everyone, I made sure that he was my last patient, so I could take my time.", Suki turned now to you and sighed. "I am allowed to stay here for a while. Kid promised me because I always brought him extra food."

You couldn't help but giggle at this exchange of promise and food and looked up to the sky.
It was already past midnight and the moon was shining brightly onto the ship.
"I am glad that Lucci didn't tell the other CP0 agent's about knowing you.", you whispered and could hear her agreeing sigh.