chapter 9

We got dressed and then notified our parents that the witch was on the loss. They all agreed that we would stay in groups if she wore to come but I was to go to the woods and try and lure her. "Be safe my darling." Said mom hugging me tightly. "Remember that we all believe in you, you will win no matter what and we have your back." Said my friends hugging me tight. "I love my little witch."said uncle reign crying. "I love all of you guys."I said bursting into tears. "There is one thing I want to give you before you leave." Dad said handing me a necklace."I helps harness your full power, and it sends a beam if your in trouble. " I hugged him crying and he helped me put it on. I then left for the woods.

I got there about dusk and the silence of the night was disturbed by a blood curdling scream, the howl of a wolf, and the laugh of a witch. "I love the outfit but isnt it a bit to formal for a funeral." Snarled a voice. "Show yourself." I yelled. "Oh feisty much today." She said dramatically coming out of the tree line. "What do you want now?" I asked keeping an eye on her movement. "That's easy to answer, all of you dragons dead. I want my treasure back." She demanded. "What treasure?" I asked scared. "The one your grandfather took from me." She yelled using her magic to push me against a tree.

"Let me tell you a story little girl. I was a little girl who lost her parents, that pathetic wizard took me in as an apprentice but when he saw the black magic. He tried taking it from me, but of course I stopped him before he could. I escaped from that castle but what i didnt know was he had dragons as friends. They tried stopping me but I got away with the crown of the dragons which I stole from the wizard along with every book on how to control the dragons. I was to become the ruler of that stupid kingdom. The world would be mine, but the dragons weren't having it
I tried everything, nothing worked. They got the books and the crown. Your grandmother was the one who banished me but what she didnt relize that I attached to her precise granddaughters soul. So every pain you felt I caused it. I figured out that you were the heir to the throne of the dragons. It was like taking candy from a baby." She laughed.

"Where's jay and his mom?" I yelled trying to get out of her grip. "Oh his moms hanging over the side of a cliff and he is trying to save her but as soon as the moon shines, she falls. I'll show you so you can see how much pain I can actually cause you." She said taking me to the edge of the forest were I saw jay and his mom. "Let them go,please." I begged. "Your weakness is my strength." She said laughing. I dropped my necklace before she pushed me away.

Jay picked it up and read the back which said "press the gem for a signal if in distress." He pressed the jew and it shot of a red flare. I kept the witch distracted until the flare disappeared. I hoped my father saw the flare and saved Jay's mom in time. I found an opening in the vines that the witch tied me with. I managed to get out when the witch wasn't paying attention. I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction of jay. She followed close behind. "You can run all you want but I'll find you." She snarled. I hide in a corn field, breathing kept getting harder. I soon collapsed as the witch closed in on me. "There you are, I told you you cant hide from someone who knows your every move." She said. I blasted her with a fire ball which slowed her down so I could run further away. I got backed up on a cliff. "No where to run now." She yelled. "Oh thats what you think."I laughed before jumping off the cliff. I turned into meteor, and blasted her with ice and fire. "Did you forget something dearie." She laughed pressing the button on the watch she took from jay. I couldnt resist the noise, I transformed back and passed out falling into the river.

Back at where jay and his mom were, dad had just arrived with lucas's dad and Max's mom. "What is going on?" Asked ava (Max's mom). "Jay what's happened?" Asked Carter (lucas's dad). The witch took my mon then forced me to give her my device which transmits a small beep that tames a dragon." He said crying. They got Jay's mom off the cliff and back to the school where she got medical assistance. "Jay how did you get alex's necklace?" Dad asked. "She dropped it when the witch made her see my mom and me." Said jay. "That means she doesnt have a way to tell us if she is in trouble or where she is." Said my dad passing around. "We might be able to find her." Said a boy dad didnt recognize. "Who are you?" Asked dad. "I'm Cameron the current ruler of the Griffin clan in mount marshfield. " said the boy bowing. "Thank you for your kindness but we dont have a way of tracking her." Said mom kindly. "I do, I can see what she sees. I've also sent out troops to search east, west, north, and south." Cameron said. The doors of the school burst open the witch standing there with a smile on her grim face. "What are you doing here and wheres my daugther?" Yelled dad pushing mom behind him. "Oh shes in a river dead. Dont even try that dragon trick boy, or you'll end like your little friend." She yelled at cameron.

Everyone was as still as statues, fear filled their eyes, All hope left their hearts. "How could you, you evil witch." Yelled uncle reign and dad. "You work for me now or your precise baby boy and wife will end up like your daughter." She snarled grabbing mom. "Dont hurt her, I'll do whatever you want." Screamed dad crying. "You and reign will take all children from their parents and put them in one room. For the rest of you retrieve my crown and if someone disobeys me you'll suffer the consequences." She yelled.

I lied in the water, the pain of the fall extended through my entire body and I couldnt move for a while. I saw a group of dragons flying above me but they didnt see me. I used all my strength to send a blast of energy into the sky. The dragons saw it and flew down to the waters edge and transformed into humans. "Let's get her out of the water and assess her wounds." Said one of the women. They got me out of the water and I had scars all over my arms and legs from rocks. I tried healing my wounds but then I passed out.

When I woke I was at a campsite. "Who are you?" Asked a woman. "I'm alex catastrophe, and you are?"I asked slowly sitting up. "I'm Julia, Cameron's mother." She said helping me up. "Where is the witch?" I asked frantically. "She has gotten to your school and is taking over everybody. She sent people to retrieve your crown." She said handing me water to drink. "My crown?" I said confused. "Oh I forgot you dont know much about us dragons. Since you are the heir to the throne, there is a crown called the queens crown that the ruler of the dragons wears to show they are the ruler." She explained. "Then why doesnt cameron have it?" I asked. "He felt it was wrong to wear the crown when he knew that he wasn't the rightful ruler. He knew that when you were old enough you would become queen and take the crown." She said. "I have to get to the school." I said standing up. "First we must get the crown before she does or else you'll be defenseless." She said nodding at the others. They transformed and so did I.

We flew to mount marshfield just as the people were going into the cave of treasure. We landed and I transformed back, they saw me and stopped. "We're sorry alex but we have to get this to the witch or she'll hurt our children." Cried ava. "Your not dead?" Asked Carter scared. "I'm not dead and I need that crown or we all will be in trouble." I said. "Here alex, if you can save everyone I'll take the risk." Said ava handing me the crown. "I agree with Ava, your our last hope." Said Carter. "Let's show that witch that she messed with the wrong people." I laughed placing the crown on my head.