chapter 8

I lied awake for hours thinking of how tomorrow was my birthday. When I fell asleep I saw a boy with blue hair. "Who are you?" I asked. "I'm Cameron, the dragon king. Who may you be?" He asked. "I'm alex catastrophe. Am I suppose to curtsey or something?" I asked. "I should be the one bowing your highness." He said bowing. "Your highness?" I said confused. "Your Cornelius's granddaughter are you not?" He said. "I am. But please dont call me your highness, I'm confused as it is."I laughed. "Well I guess I should just call you Alex then." He smiled.

"How am I talking to you? I'm not even awake." I asked. "Oh well that I can explain. Since I can remember I've had this connection to you i guess. I can see what you see in your dreams but only if I'm asleep. I guess you have never seen me before." He said. "Wait I have seen you once before. In a dream where I was lying on the ground with a book, surrounded by dragons who seemed to be protecting me, and the witch was trying to get the book from me but I turned into meteor then she disappeared." I said.

"Who's meteor?" He asked. "Oh meteors what me and my friends call me when I turn into a dragon. It felt better if we had a special name for the dragon." I said. "Cool, then my dragons name is blue." Said cameron. "I think I got to go. See you around." I said. "But the book...." he said right before I woke up.

I went downstairs to breakfast. "Morning missy." Laughed uncle reign. "Why are you here at 7 in the morning?" I yawned. "Its noon. " said my sister. "Are you telling alright darling?" Asked mom. "Yeah I'm fine. Dad can I talk to you in the living room please?" I asked. "Yeah sweetheart let's go on a drive." Said dad grabbing his jacket and keys. "Bye honey. Love you." Said mom kissing dad before we left.

We got in the car and went on a drive. "So what's up sweetpea?" He asked. "What's the name of the current ruler of the dragons?" I asked curious. "I dont know. We go visit them if you want." He offered. "No we cant not till the witch is gone." I said scared. "Tell me what you saw in last night's dream." He asked with fear in his eyes. "I saw a boy named cameron with blue hair. He said he was the dragon king, I told him about the dream from the other night that had him in it. He said that me and him are connected somehow, he can see my dreams when we are both asleep, but before that dream I had never seen him before then. But before I woke up he tried to tell me something about the book." I said. He turned the car around quickly and speed to the school. He burst through the door yelling " get reign now." Uncle reign walked up to us and asked "what's wrong Vince?" "Its alex, is there a way we can see what she sees in her dreams?" Dad asked. "Yes but she has to go in to a deep sleep." Reign said. "I'll start the tea sir." Said lucas walking by.

They had me drink tea then try to go to sleep. When I did I saw cameron again. "Good your back. The book that you spoke of is missing from our archives." Cameron said urgently. "What, how?" I asked. "Someone knocked out all of our guards somehow. Then stole the book." He said. "No no this cant be happening. She cant have it." I said falling to my knees crying. "Alex, who?" He asked. "The witch and I know how she knocked your guards out." I said crying harder. "Alex listen I need you to tell me how so that we can prevent it." He said grabbing my hand to calm me down. "The wizard matt built bracelets and necklaces for my friends that can calm a dragon and show them that your a friend. She must have gotten to one of my friends and stole their device. I'm sorry this is all my fault." I said wiping the tears from my blood shot eyes. "Alex it's not your fault but you need to find out which friend she took the device from and notify me what it looks like asap. I belive in you no matter what you'll defeat her." He said hugging me. "I better be going. Bye cameron." I said before I started waking up. "Bye your highness." Said cameron bowing before he disappeared.

I woke to see my family above me. "Who was that cute boy?" Teased my sister. "The dragon king."I said. "Katy stop teasing your sister . She has a mission she needs to complete quickly. " said dad. "Permission to run off?" I asked. "Permisson granted." Laughed mom hugging me before I ran off.

I ran to max and mia's house first. I knocked as loud as possible. "Hi alex, what's up?" Asked max and mias mom. "Are max and mia home?" I aksed. "Their room."she said letting me in. I burst through their door and said "bracelets and necklaces, now." They both handed me their devices."put them back on and come on. Someone is missing their device and a book is now stolen. " I said grabbing their arms. "Slow down alex. We'll find everything." Said max slowing down a little. Next I went to Lucas and lily's and their dad opened the door and told us that they were in their rooms. They both had their devices. "So that leaves jay." Said max. "Let's get going. Dad , can I take the truck to a friends?" Lucas asked his dad. "Yeah but you know the rules." His dad said throwing the keys at him.
We all got in the truck and got to Jay's.

I knocked and knocked but no one answered. "Move back." Said mia kicking the door in. We searched the house but it was trashed and jay and his mom were gone. Lucas tried calling him but he didnt pick up. "She got jay. How could I let this happen?" Said Lucas falling to his knees. "What do you mean how could you let that happen?" Asked lily. "Jay asked if I would take his device and I told him that he needed to keep it. He must have known the witch was coming after him. "Said Lucas. "Look at me Lucas, you didnt know this was going to happen. We just need to find jay and get that device and Alex's book." Said mia hugging him. "I have to notify someone that we located who's device is missing." I said lying on the floor. "Ok alex we'll wait." Said max.

I fell asleep then I saw something I had never seen before. I saw what cameron was seeing. He was fighting someone, who looked like they had razor sharp claws. I saw the thing scratch Cameron across his chest. Then he passed out, I saw his lying on the ground in front of me bleeding. I used my magic to heal his wound then he slowly gained conscientiousness.

"Alex?" He said confused. "cameron, what was that thing?" I asked. "Oh that's a barren. A creature known for its sharp claws."he laughed sitting up. "Wow that thing looked scary." I said. He touched the spot where his wound was. "How is this healed?" He asked. "I healed it before you started waking up. I didnt want to see you in pain." I said shyly.

"Thanks but you didn't have to. I know what happens when you use healing powers to often." He said quietly. "I never really have to use them , so this is kinda the first time I used them, but this isnt about me. I know who lost their device." I said. "Who?" He asked. "My friend jay, we went to his house and he was gone along with his mother. He never let's his mom leave their house. She is sick, so their must have been a reason jay and his mom left. I... I think she got Jay's mom and is using her to make jay work for her. It just a theory though." I said. "Your theory could be right, but for work purposes. Who is this jay guy to you?" He asked trying to casually put it in the conversation.

"Hes my brother. He told me that I'm like a little sister to him. But why is that relevant?" I asked. "No reason, but you need to search for the witch in your region and I'll check mine but is she is anywhere near your location. Let me know, so I can send in backup in case something goes wrong." He said. "I'll try but I cant guarantee that I will be able to notify you when she comes." I said nervously. "Why not?" He asked stepping closer to me. "When shes around, she makes me hear and see things that aren't there and it messes with my head where when I sleep I see her none stop. Shes hurting my family and telling me I did. So then I cant sleep or I dont want to at least." I said trembling. "I'll have backup ready in case something does go wrong and I'll know if it does. Just take a deep breath and finish this fight." He said smiling and hugging me. "I got to go. Bye dragon king"i laughed. "Till next time your highness."he said kissing my hand and disappearing.

I woke up and my friends where surrounding me. "Back up please."I said getting up. "So what was that?" Asked mia. "Who were you notifying?" Asked Lucas. "Why did you go to sleep for 10 minutes?" Aksed max. "I went to sleep because that is the only way I can communicate with Cameron, the dragon king. That was who I was notifying but if yall start seeing dragons flying around use your devices. I think the witch is using Jay's mom to make jay work for her." I said. "We better get ready for a fight." Luacs laughed. "We have the perfect outfits."laughed lily and mia.

Mia handed each of us a black bag with clothes inside. The boys got suits that match their powers, I got a black dress that was easy to move and fight in. Mia got blue outfit that was water resistant, lily got a green outfit that had vines on it. "Hands in the middle, promise me that whatever happens out there we stick together and i will take care of the witch." I said putting my hand in the middle. "I promise, I love you guys." Said mia. "I promise, but if one of us dies. We all tell their parents. "Said max crying. "I promise, I love you guys and for Max's sake no one die." Said lily. "I promise, you guys are my family and always will be. I love yall. " said Lucas pulling us all in for a hug.