chapter 7

For the next week we worked on more fighting techniques and how to control my emotions which triggered the dragon. "The lesson for the last day of training is what to do if alex does turn into a dragon and how to show her your a friend and not an enemy. Notice that the brackets and necklaces I gave you last week has a button the the back or side. Alex if you would please." Said matt. I nodded my head and slowly transformed. I looked at matt like we practiced. He slowly held his head out and pressed the the button on his watch which emitted a small humming noise. I lowered my head to his hand, he placed his hand on my head and nodded. I backed up then he had each of the others do it. After each of them did what matt did,  he nodded his head which was the sign for transforming back.

"That is how we show alex that she can trust us when she transforms into meteor ( the name we came up with for when I transform into the dragon.)" Said matt. "Wow it's been two weeks already." Said lily sighing. "We get to go home." Said max yawning. "Yeah we go home." I said nervously. "What's wrong?" Asked Lucas and jay. "I dont want it to be this close to my birthday yet, I dont want her getting out yet." I said falling to my knees crying.

"Al we are here when she does. She wont hurt anyone as long as you believe in yourself." Said Lucas. "Guys can I talk to her for a second?" Asked jay. The others left and he sat beside me. "Do you know why I protect you when you get bullied or get hurt?" He asked. "No not really." I said wiping away my tears. "When my mom lost her job and couldnt afford the house, your family let us stay there until we got back on our feet. Over that time you became the little sister I never had. No matter what happens in the next 2 days, i have your back. Now if you dont stop crying me and the others will throw balloons filled with paint at you." He said hugging me.

We got back to the others. "We should get packing, we leave at 8 in the morning." Said mia. We all went to our rooms to pack, then went to bed. I saw the witch, the book, and a group of dragons. I saw my body in the middle, it looked as if the dragons were protecting me. The witch got passed the dragons, but they weren't just dragons they were people like me. The witch tried to grab the book from my body, but the people protected me till I woke. I saw myself turn into meteor then the witch disappeared and everything went black.

I woke up in the car, jay and Lucas were up front singing terribly, mia and lily were laughing and talking in the back , and max was sleeping.  I looked around until jay noticed I was awake. "Hey chica , your finally awake. How'd you sleep?" Jay asked. "I slept fine but I had a weird dream." I said grabbing some snacks. "What was it about al?" Asked Lucas. "I saw the witch, dragon people like me, and the book, but the people I felt like I knew them especially one. "I said still bewildered by the dream. "Sounds weird but keep your mind clear for now. We need your full attention for anything that might happen." Said mia.

The rest of the trip was quiet till I heard the ringing again. "Stop the car." I screamed. Jay stopped the car, I got out and walked towards a forest. They tried to follow but I told them not to for their safety. I lied on the ground feeling like I was just hit was a ton of bricks. I heard the witch laughing then I looked up to see her face over mine. "What a precise girl, you should know you wont defeat me. Not if I get that book first and I will kill you and every dragon that stands in my way." She laughed. "No do whatever you want to me just leave everyone else alone." I said frightened. "Oh sweet girl , everyone shall pay for what you and those dragons are hiding from me." She yelled before disappearing. I got back to were my friends were. "What's wrong?" Asked lily. "Nothing let's get home." I said getting in my the car.

We drove the rest of the way home and they dropped me off at home. I opened the door to my parents, sister,  and uncle standing there smiling. "Welcome home darling." Said mom hugging me. I hugged everyone then went to my room to sleep.

My dad came to my room about 3 o'clock "what's wrong kiddo?" He asked sitting in the recliner in my room. "The other day I had a dream of  people like me, dragons. I lied in the middle of them with the book I keep seeing. She tried to get it but the dragon people keep me safe but I dont know who they were." I said.

"Sounds like time I tell you about your ancestors on my side. Once apon a time in a far away place called mount marshfield lived the griffin clan. The bravest,  strongest, and cleverest dragons. One day the littlest dragon left the clan on a adventure to see what was beyond the walls even though the others warned him not to leave. He was shot at, people tried to kill him, but one human took him in and cared for his wounds. Do you know who that person was?" He asked.

"The great Merlin. " I said smiling. "Very good. Merlin cared for the dragon and helped him master his powers of transforming. The dragon soon fell for a beautiful werewolf and she fell for him. They had a son together. Their child meet a witch, who's beauty knew no end, she was the most gorgeous girl he has ever seen. He married the witch and had two beautiful daughters. One had normal magic like her mother but the other had magic combined of all the ancestors of both parents. Her magic was red like a dragons, she had more powers than any witch in history. She would grow to be the dragon queen." He finished.

"That's our family history isnt it?" I aksed excited. "Yes it is. Your grandfather was the dragon prince. He died before he could take over the throne so the next in line took over, but now that they found out the dragon prince has a granddaughter, you will take over after all this witch business is take care of. You can if you want to but you dont have too." He said. "I'll think about it but for now we have to keep an eye out for the witch." I said before he left my room.