Chapter 4.4 Ronald's Collection: Protecting the Duke from Assassins - Want

Azhure: Huh, first time in a while I updated at night. Last time I did was when I was in the early stages of Alicia.

---

"Well, let's go save them."

"Indeed."

"...What?" Willow murmured in confusion.

After all, Joshua, who had previously prevented the maid from killing the duke coldly and frighteningly, just casually stated that they save her orphanage from its captivity, the reason she tried to do it in the first place.

"What do you mean?" Allister, the duke, asked. By his tone, it's as if he's trying to confirm it.

We're are telling them that we're saving Willow's orphanage, right? Why are they confused? (Ronald)

Well, it was sudden. We should repeat it to them.

"Exactly as Joshua says, we will help you save the orphanage," Ronald repeated Joshua's statement. "You are going to send your troops to deal with the bandits running around your land, right?"

"Well, yes," Allister nodded. "I will send my own men to liberate the village, though it will take time to organize them and march to Willow's village."

"But by that time, the captives will be killed," Joshua pointed out.

"Ah!" Willow gasped, reminded of the crisis that would befall her home.

"Yes... that will be unfortunate," the duke somber, further despairing the maid.

"Which is why we will help you with that," Ronald iterated. "Along with us, we will use our transfer, how we are able to come to this world, to instantly transport your men to Willow's village. So get your men ready."

"Truly?" Then, the prince widened his eyes in realization. "Wait, you mean for us to commence the rescue now?"

"Of course," Joshua retorted. "We can catch the bandits by surprise, the sooner the better."

"But why would you go that far?" The duke asked as if he never expected something to come out from Ronald. "The orphanage, whether the captives survive or not has nothing to do with your mission, right? I will have my head guard lead the charge, I will not participate myself if that assures you."

"Y-Yes..." Willow, much to the Court Wizards' surprise, agreed with the duke. "Y-You don't have to be concerned over something so little as my orphanage..."

The duke's rather heartless words aside, looking at the others, they seemed to agree with the duke, much to the Court Wizards' stupefaction. While the Illyers will rescue Willow's non-blood-related family, they seem to deem it... trivial for the Court Wizards to share the burden, even Willow agreed and it was her orphanage that's being threatened!

It was as if they thought this was something... beneath us. (Ronald)

Hearing Ronald's message through [Telepathy], Joshua noticed the last two words he said and...

"Right, it'll be faster if we show you..."

"...your organization, the Otherworldly Court's mission is to 'ensure the balance of worlds'..."

"...proved your apparent ability to perceive every spirit in this room..."

"We're from another world."

...realized it.

I think it has to do with their impression of us, Court Wizards.