Epilogue

"What do you think, little one?" Ray asked the toddler. "Does she look like you?"

Little Gracie buried her head in Mikey's jacket, and Grace J. grinned. "She's shy," Ray said, smiling at Grace J.

"I can tell," Grace J. said, fixing her curls. She really did look similar to the Grace I'd known eleven years ago.

Wow, eleven years had flown by. I couldn't believe it.

Actually, scratch that. I could believe it. The memories of the rebellion were still very vivid in my head. I was glad Gracie was never going to remember it like we did.

Little Gracie peeked up at Ray through her chubby little fingers. He made a face at her, and she giggled. Ray smiled as she put her head back down on Mikey's shoulder. I'll bet she thought he was related to her somehow, as often as they were together.

And she'd taken to him. She was usually too shy to get to like someone, but Mikey was an exception.

I wondered if she'd be the same little girl I'd loved so much.

I felt a hand on my waist. "Frankie, we're gonna do a shot of us by the car," Gerard said. I nodded, and he took me by surprise and kissed me.

"Aww, Gee," I said, blushing. I ran my fingers over the 'Dead Pegasus' patch on his jacket, just like I had the night I'd first kissed him.

This wasn't the same coat, though. No, we had shown our old outfits to our costume designers, and they'd created exact replicas for us to wear for the music videos.

My fingers itched for the strings on my guitar when the music began to play. I sang the words in my head; "Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na..."

At first, I hadn't even wanted to do this. The whole band was Gerard's idea. He wanted to remember BL/ind, even though the rest of us didn't. He'd said the best way to get our message out there was through music, because it got stuck in people's heads so often.

So we'd sat in his living room, one in the morning, deciding who was going to do what. Gerard sang for us, Ray and I played the guitars together, and Mikey was on bass. It was really actually pretty fun, once I started this whole thing.

We'd come so far together. I wondered if we could ever make a difference.