"What?" she furrowed her eyebrows as she saw a message from Taeyong. She thought he had blocked her number after their fight.

"He must've unblocked it?" she mumbled to herself and read the message.

19:47
Are you free? I need to
talk to you.

She felt her whole body stiffen as she read the message. Great, just as she had loosened up and had fun. Chungha told her during the ride home that Taeyong had called her earlier and gotten angry about their meeting. He thought Seulgi had initiated the meeting and was determined to tell Chungha how "cruel, stupid, and mean" Taeyong was and that she should break up with him.

"I have a bad feeling about this," she thought to herself. She knew that if they met up he would probably scold her and that would lead to another one of their arguments. However, she really wanted and needed to apologize to him.

19:49
I'm free

Seulgi swallowed her saliva and waited impatiently for an answer. Luckily, it came in an instant.

19:49
Meet me outside your
dorm building. Backside.

———————————————

Taeyong sat down on a bench outside the back entrance, twiddling his thumbs as he waited for her. When he texted her he was determined to tell her she should stay away from both him and Chungha, meaning that whatever she had in mind it would harm both of them in the end. But now he felt like he should say something else. As if there was something in him that he just wanted to let out. To just scream, shout, get rid of all the feelings and thoughts trapped inside of him.

"Taeyong?" he turned around and saw the owner to the voice, disguised with a black cap and mask.

He just stared at her. No words or actions that told her she could sit down beside him or that they could go for a walk and talk. He just stared at her while the uncomfortable silence filled the air.

"Hi," she then spoke and sat down. "What did you want to talk about?" she asked him. If she was nervous at the moment, she sure hid it well. Her voice sounded confident, as if she just hadn't done something wrong at all.

"Do you want to sit down?" he asked her and patted the seat beside him. She gave him a puzzled look but sat down beside him anyway.

"Listen," Seulgi said with a determined tone and turned to him. "Before we talk about what you want to talk about. I want to say something first."

"...Alright, go on," he told her.

"I'm sorry for saying those hurtful words the other day," she apologized. "It was wrong of me, and I didn't and I don't mean anything of what I said. I wasn't thinking clearly and the words just came out of my mouth. Of course, I saw us as friends, best friends even."

She looked at him with regret and guilt and Taeyong couldn't help but already want to forgive her. Still, a part of him was really hurt by her words and he had multiple times thought about never forgiving her if she were to apologize. However, he really hadn't expected her to apologize so soon, or ever for that matter.

"Then why did you say those things?" he asked her, raising his voice a little. "What was the real reason why you were ignoring me for such a long time?" he was confused. Could she just be honest with him? Was it so hard?

"Because..." she paused and looked up at the dark blue sky. "Do I dare to tell him?" she thought to herself.

"I'm sorry, Seulgi," she heard him say and turned her gaze back to him. Was he apologizing to her?

"But if you can't be honest with me and tell me the real reason, I won't be able to forgive you. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I want to."

Oh, he wasn't. Why would he?

"I had feelings for you, Taeyong," she blurted out. Struggling with emphasizing the "had". If she wanted to move on for real, she had to convince herself she was over him.

Seeing as he was shocked and speechless she decided to continue with her talk.

"I started developing feelings for you, Taeyong. I liked you, a lot. But then I found out about your relationship with Chungha and, in some way, it just felt so wrong of me to like you. That's why I ignored you. I wanted to get over you and when you confronted me about it I didn't have the courage to tell you that I liked you and that's why I said those things," she explained to him and felt tears start to form in her eyes.

She was so not over him.

Taeyong was in the same state as before. Shocked and speechless. He hadn't moved a single muscle while Seulgi had just poured all her feelings on him so suddenly. Was that really how she had felt during this whole time? And all this time he had thought she was angry at him, that he had done something wrong. But she was just trying to hide her feelings and not be in the way of him and Chungha?

Everything he had planned to say to her beforehand was gone. His mind was all blank and as of right now he could only sit still and take in her words one more time.

Seulgi smiled sadly after a few minutes. He was still quiet and shocked. "I know you wanted to talk with me about my meeting with Chungha today," she spoke softly, breaking the silence with the new subject.

"She texted me a few days ago and asked me to meet up with her. I think it's better if she tells you about our talk but, I can tell you that I didn't tell her bad things about you to make her break up with you," she faked a giggle.

"Come on, say something," she thought desperately as Taeyong was still quiet. A loud exhale came out of her nose and she stood up.

"I'll take your silence as a sign that you don't want to talk to me right now," she guessed.

"Wait," she heard him utter just as she was about to walk away.

She turned around and saw him walk towards her. He put his hands in his pockets and took a deep breath.

"Did you ever think about my feelings?" he asked her.

"What?" she asked him dumbfoundedly. Did that mean he had feelings for her too?

"Did you never think about how your actions affected me?" he asked her seriously. "All this time, I thought I had done something wrong. I was confused, angry and sad because I couldn't realize what I had done wrong. And when I confronted you about it, you just decided to spit out those hurtful words because you felt like it?!" he told her angrily. "You were selfish and only thought about your own feelings. But how about how I felt? Huh? Did you even consider that at all?!" he shouted at her.

Now this was the time for Seulgi to feel shocked by his statement. She looked down in embarrassment. He was right. She had been very selfish. Even if she thought what she did was for a good cause, it wasn't, and she realised that now. However, it was too late. Everything she had to say was too late.

"I wouldn't have judged you if you just told me the truth, Seulgi," Taeyong stated, lowering his tone. "Maybe in the future we can both forget all of this. But as of right now, I can't forgive you."

She pursed her lips and looked back up at him. "I understand," she breathed out. "You have all right to be angry with me and-"

"I'm not angry, Seulgi," he cut her off. "I'm just not ready to forgive you." 

----------------------------

Author's note:

Happy New Year guys!! 
I'm back and currently focusing on finishing Bittersweet Crimes before continuing with Our Dating Scandal, however I got a sudden motivation to write this chapter as a little new year's gift for everyone who are still reading this story. 
I hope you guys are happy with this chapter, although it's a little short, and thank you to everyone who are waiting patiently for my updates <3333
Again, happy new year everyone! I hope you stay healthy, safe, and happy during this time and of course, in the future as well :)

Love, Somini