Chapter 14- Ditch

Start from the beginning

"Yeah it actually is. You can here the river and the birds in the distance. You know I would of never taken you as someone who likes to look up at the sky."

I let out a small laugh. "Then what did you expect?"

"I don't know you just seem so mysterious." I can see in the corner of my eye Gabby is looking at me but I don't give her the contact.

"Well there is alot about me people just don't know. They never want to know." The last part came out mumbled.

I heard Gabby sigh 'same'.

****

Our weird mood was soon changed by Gabby who started calling out different shapes she could see in the clouds. After about a half an hour we decided to go to our next spot. It was strangely going on half ten which was weird since we had probably left school around half eight.

As we came close to the line of shops which is very familiar to me. We walked towards the corner shop that I loved. I turned to Gabby who was looking at the small shop infront of us with a weird look on her face. Since I didn't know if she would be in the mood for it especially at this hour.

"I know this place doesn't look the best but they do the best lasagne. If your up from eating some at this hour. I know a place we can eat it and probably by the time we get there it will be__" I start to ramble.

"Kayla I'm down to try. You told me you were bring me to the best spots so I trust you on this." She smiles. I nod and open the door walking in first.

The little bell rings as I open the door. The warmth of the small diner hits you when you walk inside. I watch as I see big gus come out of the back of the room. He comes out with his big goofy smile.

"Well you came back sooner then I thought not that I am complaining and you brought company." Big gus puts his hand in his hip as he looks at me and Gabby. Gabby stands there awkwardly behind me.

"Gus this is Gabby my friend." I walk up to the til. Gabby following behind. She sends him a wave.

"Well it's nice to meet you Gabby. I'm Gus or big gus whatever you like to call me. Aren't you two suppost to be in school?" Gus raised his eyebrow.

I gave him a small smile. "I thought you knew me by now Gus."

He eyed me suspiciously. "What are you up too?"

I put my hands up in surrender. "Nothing I'm just here for more lasagne."

"Well then if that's a case I get you a serving now." Big Gus disappears into the back.

"Do you have money if not I'll pay. Or we can share if you want?" I turned around to Gabby who was still taking in everything around her.

"I'll probably like it. Don't worry I have money." She gave me a smile. Bring her bag to the front of her and reaching into the small pocket pulling out some money.

I took my own money out as Big Gus reappeared at the cash register.

"Two servings Gus." I place my money down on the counter. Gabby goes to put down her money but I stop her. "You know what it's my treat I dragged you out her so I'm paying." I give her a small smile.