Chapter 14- Ditch

Start from the beginning

"I have been here for two weeks and have yet to have an adventure something you seem good at doing. So you are going to show me all the great spots." Gabby crosses her arms across her chest. She is dead serious. I smile.

"Right then your in for a long day."

Gabby holds out her arm so I can link mine in it. We start our journey towards the city.

****

The first place I decided to take her was my favourite park. The one I visited on Saturday just to go on a walk around it since it had a river.

As we walked down the path, nature was the only thing that surrounded us. Big tall trees lined the sides of the path. The tall branches making nearly an arch shape the whole way down.

Half way through the pathway there is break off to cross the small stone bridge and look over the river. During the day this place is absolutely gorgeous.

Currently we stand in the bridge looking down at the river.

"What are you doing?" I look beside me to see Gabby rooting through her bag.

"I have a sandwich that we can use to feed the ducks." Her sticks into her bag and then comes out with a tin foiled wrapped sandwich.

"There is no ducks." I look at her confused.

"Are you blind? They are right there." I follow her finger that points at three small ducks. I make an 'O' shape with my mouth.

Gabby opens the tinfoil to reveal a ham sandwich. She takes out one slice handing it to me as she has her own slice. I watch Gabby as she pulls off small bits of the sandwich and throws it into the water.

The ducks spot the bread and start swimming towards it. Fighting for more Gabby does the same and I copy her until there is nothing left of the bread.

"So where to next?" Gabby dusts off her hands.

"I have a place to show you before we go anywhere. We have to go just a little bit further. Its literally up there."

"Sure."

I smile.

We walk towards the feild, Gabby looks at me strangely.

"If you brought me here to kill me you could of just said you know?" I playfully roll my eyes.

"No this is just the best spot to look up at the sky since it's so clear." I walk forward into the middle of the feild and sit down. Gabby is still looking at me weirdly.

"So you like to daydream?" She holds the straps of her bag pulling them closer to herself.

"No idot. I like to star gaze but I also like to just look up at the clouds and pick out the different shapes." Gabby makes an 'O' shape with her mouth as she sits down beside me.

"Put your bag behind your head so you can use it as a pillow." I place my bag behind my head then laying down on the grass so I can see the clouds. Gabby copies my actions.

"Do you always come here?" Gabby asks.

"Yeah when I need to clear my head its nice and relaxing." I smile slightly at the memory of my Mom.