Sixteen

TW// eating disorder discussion

It was late the next night and the team still have nothing. Everyone agreed Alex is the unsub, finally. Hotch told the police force who we are looking for but they still didn't want to work the case. Spence and you have been trying to figure out his location based on the geographical profile, but we haven't had any luck and Spence was starting to get frustrated.

"Why is this so difficult?" He mumbles under his breath.

"Hey," you place your hand on his, "don't worry, we'll find him."

"What if we don't? He hasn't killed anyone in two days, that hasn't happened since the first two kills. What if he's stopped? I can't keep you safe if he's out there."

"Yes, you can Spence. You've kept me safe since I showed up at your door. We will find him. We just have to-" you were interrupted by your phone ringing. Thinking it was Garcia and her perfect timing, you picked it up quickly.

"Hey, Garci! What do you have for us?" Silence. "Garcia?" More silence. "Penelope are you there?" You hear a deep, aggravated breath. A man's breath. Fuck.

"Why did you tell them about our conversation?" You went pale as your heart started to race.

"What'd she say?" Spence asks, noticing something's wrong.

"Alex..." Spencer's face turns to anger as he calls Garcia, "what do you... what do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I fucking mean. Did you think I wouldn't notice all my bugs mysteriously not working? I'm not you. I'm not stupid." Spence makes a signal to keep talking and you put it on speaker. It was only Spencer and you in the conference room at the moment, but he was signaling the others to come in.

"I- I'm sorry for thinking you were." Shit... your first instinct was to apologize to him. What the fuck.

"You should be. What have you been doing? Or, sorry, who have you been doing?" The others finally enter the room.

"N-no one. N-not since you."

"Fucking liar."

"Y-you know I'd never lie to you."

"THAT'S A LIE RIGHT THERE! I KNOW HOW YOU WERE WITH CHIEF DIMINO! I WATCHED YOU BE ALL OVER HIM YOU FUCKING SLUT!"

"I'm sorry Alex," fucked thing was, you genuinely were. Why couldn't you get him out of your head? "He was coming on to me. Be mad at him."

"I am." You hear something that sounds like metal hitting against metal. Then a loud groan of agony.

"Alex?! What the hell did you just do?!"

"He's not dead yet. Don't worry. I just added another cut to him. This is your fault you know."

"How is this my fault?"

"No one would be dead if you didn't leave. Those five," a gunshot rings through the phone, "six people's blood is on your hands. You might as well have killed them yourself." You felt your eyes start to water but you felt numb. Dimino was a garbage person but he didn't deserve to die.

"Alex... please stop this, please." You beg him.

"Oh, honey... I'm just getting started." He hangs up.

"Garcia! Tell me you got something!" Spence yells. You didn't move, everything felt fake like it wasn't happening.

"Uhh, two more seconds..."

"Hurry Garcia!"

"1139 Cook Road!"

"Y/N, I don't want you on this takedown." Hotch calmly says to you.