───── Book Two ║Ch. 4

Start from the beginning

"They imprisoned your leader, Long Feng," she continued. "Soon they will turn on all of you, and eliminate you and seize power." 

She continued speaking as she walked strictly down the stone steps, walking in front of each Dai Li member searching for a weakness to prod at. She then continued with her little speech.

"It is a matter of life and death. This coup must be swift and decisive. The Earth King, and each of the five generals, must be taken out, simultaneously. Long Feng has placed you all under me and my sister's command," she gestured up at her younger sibling, who in return, came to stand beside her, "while we overthrow the government." Azula paused. 

"If we sense any hesitation, any disloyalty, any weaknesses at all," Soza took over the speech. "We will snuff it out!"

"That is all." Azula and Soza said together in unison as the Dai Li bowed, before exiting in straight, perfect―probably rehearsed―lines.

*

*

*

"Nice speech, Azula," Ty-lee praised, as she poured a cup of tea for the older twin―Soza had rejected the tea offer―before passing the cup over to Azula. "It was pretty and poetic, but also scary in a good way!"

 "It was pretty and poetic, but also scary in a good way!"

"Yeah," Mai looked amused when she started to speak. "I thought you were gonna make that one guy pee his pants," she snickered.

"There are still a few loose ends," Azula said, sounding serious as she held the cup of warm tea. "The Avatar, our brother, and our Uncle." She finished, glancing right behind her at her younger sister.

"True," Soza admitted as she walked up the stairs after her sister. "But I heard that the Avatar is out of the city."

"As long as this is quick, we should have nothing to worry about."

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"What's taking so long?"

Zuko questioned from his seat in front of an empty Earth King throne. He, and his uncle, had gotten a message from the Earth King, saying that they were to serve tea to his majesty. But the Earth King who had sent the scroll was nowhere to be found.

"Maybe the Earth King overslept?" Iroh―his uncle―suggested as he finished pouring the tea. 

Both of their heads turned however when lines of Dai Li agents started walking into the room. There was a strict line in front, a line behind, and soon the Dai Li formed a circle around the banished Prince and failure Uncle.

"Something's not right......" Zuko whispered under his breath, turning lightly over to his uncle. 

"It's tea time."