Chapter 3

Movie Night

I opened it but closed my eyes.

My mom yelled to help bring in the groceries.

" ok hold on"
"NO NOW Y/N L/N!"
" ok..."

I was so close to finding out if I got my part.
I ran down the stairs and took in as many as I could. I ran inside the back out for more. Once we finished I was out of breath.

" Y/N why are you in such a rush?"
" I got a email from the Umbrella Academy!"
"Get your computer and bring it down here! I wanna see!"

I ran up the steps then carefully walked down with my computer. I sat at the table then opened it. I started reading. I looked at my mom who looked at me.

" oh hunny there's always a next time.."

" mom I could have still gotten a part they said that it's between two girls and one being me!"

" That's great hun! I'm so proud!"

I smiled at her then at the letter.

Buzz buzz

I picked up my phone it was Lucas.

Lucas
Sry I didn't answer 

Y/N
It's fine but guess what !!!!
I got a letter from the Umbrella Academy

Lucas
No way N/N 

Y/N
But they also want this other girl

Lucas
I'm just saying they should choose you

Y/N
Thx. I will tex you later 

Lucas
See ya!

I smiled as I looked down at my phone. Lucas is so sweet. I thought about how nice he was even though I hurt his feelings. It gave me butterflies thinking about him. Then I looked up from my phone and started packing.

You can like him Y/N. He has been you best friend for years! And he has a gf or crush or a whatever she was to him. She had him and I had my career on the line.  But why him why now? Yes I haven't seen him for two months so how could I possibly find him attractive.

I read the email again to know how long we will be staying in Canada for. Two weeks! Away from my family! Away from my friends! Then I thought of Evie.

" I have to call Evie and apologize."

I grabbed my phone and called her.

" What do you want Y/N!"

" I wanted to say I'm sorry."

" Oh so now your sorry! It only took you a week! It's fine. I have someone better Than you! Her name is Milly, and she is so much nicer and appreciates my feelings."

I was speechless. " I just wanted to say goodbye before my plane to Canada."

She stoped talking. " I guess you got the part of your dreams.....have fun... I guess. Now STOP calling me you BITCH!

She hung up. I got so angry. I tore down every picture in my room of her, I grabbed every present she ever got me, I grabbed all of her clothes and threw everything into a huge box.

I got In my car and drove to her house. I knocked on her door. Her mom opened it and invited me in. She told me the she was in her room. I opened the door and threw the box down.

"Here's all of your stuff back!" I yelled

I looked at her she was in shock.

" Oh and I almost forgot." I pulled out a expensive necklace that she bought me. I threw it on the ground and left.

Tears were streaming down my face. I was so happy that I was leaving in three days!

I saw a car at my house. It looked familiar. I walked in and saw Lucas. I ran in and hugged him. The tears started dropping one by one. He seemed concerned once I let go. My mom left the room to give us some privacy.

" I'm so happy your here."

" You don't look happy" he smiled

" I want to be happy, and.. and I am but..."

" but"

" I'm so stressed and I just needed you here. Wait! How did you get here!" 

"Ashleigh's dad has a private jet."

" fancy." I laughed

He looked into my eyes then wiped away my tears. I smiled then he smiled. Let me help you pack. We walked up the stairs and into my room.

" how long will you be staying?" I asked

" three days. Then I am leaving on the same flight with you. Then going to my flight."

" That must cost a lot."

" I would do anything for you."

I smiled and finished packing up. It's was 10:00 at night and we decided to watch a movie.

I grabbed a bag of pop corn and cooked it while Lucas set up everything else.

I sat on the couch with Lucas. I placed the pop corn on the left side because Lucas was on the right. He saw and put his arm around me to get it. I moved to to the middle but he kept his arm over me. I looked at him and smiled then looked away.

Why dose he seem so much cuter to me! I can't like him.  I looked over again but he caught me.

"Can't keep your eyes off me can you."

I laughed and continued watching the movie.
                                    ***

We were on our second movie. We would joke around then Lucas did something unexpected.