Chapter 2

The email

It had been two months. No email and things were still bad with Lucas. He wasn't himself anymore. He was different, but only around
me.

I had met a girl at my high school. She was a year younger than me but would at times act older than me. Her name was Evie.

" Hey Y/N" Evie said, " any emails?"

"No emails yet." I said.

"The don't deserve you anyway! Sucks to be them. Who would want them any way!" Evie was ranting like usual.

" I want them Evie!"

She stoped talking

" I want to be a actor! I want them to like me! I want to have potential!" I yelled

She was still silent.

" Evie I'm sorry I didn't mean to.."

" well you did. I know your angry but you didn't need to yell at me!"

" I'm sor..."

" I get it your sorry! But you have been so rude lately! I get that you want to have a job! A then your gonna leave!" She took a deep breath, " I'm gonna go, have fun looking for jobs. Bye"

She hung up before I could get out a single word. I looked up from my phone. Have I really been being mean? Dose she not get that I need this job to survive college? Is she really that hurt about me leaving? I threw my phone down. I had lost two of my friends! "What the HELL" I yelled. " I covered my mouth knowing that if my moms home I will get yelled at! I yelled her name. No answer. Thankfully I remembered she went to the store.

I got on my computer and started looking for jobs again. I didn't want to talk to Evie or to Lucas. Not even my mom or dad. I just spent the rest of the night looking for acting  jobs.

                                   ***

I woke up the next morning to my alarm. Then I saw it. I got a email from the Umbrella Academy!

"I have to call Ev.. Evie." Was she even happy for me did she even care? Probably not because it sure didn't seemed like she cared yesterday. So why would she care today!

I called Lucas but it didn't sound like his voice, it sounded like a woman's voice.

" Hello!" She said
" Oh I guessed I called the wrong number sorry."
" wait are you calling for Lucas?"
"Yes! Is he with you by any chance?"
" he is acting right now. I hope it wasn't important."

It's not like this could change my life or anything.

" It's not I just wanted to say hi."
" can I ask who's calling?"
" Y/N L/N. Can I ask who is calling as well?"
"Oh sorry for my manners! Yes my name is Lucy Mc Plane. I'm Lucas's intern"
" oh ok thank you"
" no problem sugar"

I ended the phone call. I was pretty sad that I couldn't have anyone around read it before me.

So by myself I opened it...