Chapter 1

Auditions

"I think I'm allowed to be scared. This could be my big break! If this works out then my life will work out just how I want it."

"I want to see you open up the email, so FaceTime me when you get it."

"Ok, love you bye!"

"Love you too bye!"

I hung up the phone. My heart was racing. I don't think I will get in. There's no way I will. But I have to be positive think of all the positivity in your life. Your dads coming home from his work trip, Lucas will be home soon from his work, and mom is making my favorite food.

I heard the door open and my mom say Lucas. I ran down the stairs to jump into his arms and hug him.

"Y/N M/N L/N"

"Lucas Jade Zumann"

We both laughed then hugged each other again. Lucas was my childhood best friend and next door neighbor. We had to move three years ago to a whole different state for my dads work, so now I get to see Lucas four times a year.

I brought him up stairs into my room to ask him about the part he had been playing for a Netflix.

"Being Gilbert has its ups and downs but I love it. Season three is amazing I met this really pretty girl and..." he paused,"I didn't want to tell you that just yet."

"But you did, so tell me more about her." I smiled at his foolishness but it had been something I always liked about him.

He looked at me with a don't tell face and I shot back a I won't face.

He smiled then said, "Her name is Ashleigh Steward. She's blonde and has beautiful blue eyes and her smile, don't get me started on her smile."

"Oh It looks like you got a little crush."

"It's not a crush! She's a likable friend."

" whatever you say Lucas or should I say Gilbert."

We both started laughing and catching up. We went around the neighborhood and drove passed all of my favorite things.

" I didn't know you loved this place so much."

" It's my home."

I looked away but noticed that his eyes dropped to his feet. He only ever dose this went he is sad and has something on his mind. I knew what it was though. It was the fact that I liked this place better than my old home town.

The drive home was dead silent. I knew I hurt him.