Chapter 66✓

Carter

When I wake the next morning, I feel like I'm in heaven. I was cocooned in a warm, comfortable pocket of blankets and limbs. Xander's positioned tightly to my back, while Quinn sleeps peacefully on his back in front of me; my cheek resting against his peck while my arm and legs are comfortably thrown over him.

Lupin is pacing restlessly in my mind. She wants to get out and stretch her legs. As much as I want to give her that reprieve, it also scares the absolute shit out of me. We may be one, bound together once more by my mother but I've never shifted before. I have only seen Quinn and Xander shift, and they did it so quickly. What if I can't shift? Or worse... what if I can't shift back?

My heart begins beating faster and my breath hitches in my throat. Xander begins placing soft kisses against my shoulder and continues upwards until he reaches the mark he has bestowed upon my skin.

"What's wrong, love?" He whispers huskily. At the sound of his voice, Quinn begins to stir. He turns his body towards mine, effectively sandwiching me between them. His silver eyes open and meet my own.

"We are bound now, our little wolf. We can feel your fear." Quinn says softly. "What has you afraid?"

"Lupin wants out." I explain, my voice groggy.

"Is that your wolf's name?" Quinn asks.

"It's perfect." Xander agrees.

"Yes, she's so anxious to get out." I whisper.

"You don't have to be scared. Our wolves are anxious to meet her too. They've wanted to meet you for an exceedingly long time. It's been a pain in the ass holding them back." Xander chuckles and presses another soft kiss to his mark, sending shivers down my spine. Lupin yips in my mind, pacing impatiently at the thought of meeting her mates.

"I just realized; I don't know your wolves names. I honestly didn't even know they had names, I'm sorry." My brows furrow and Quinn chuckles, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead.

"My wolf's name is Yuki." He explains.

"And mine is Kiba." Xander follows.

"And they want to meet Lupin so badly. We can feel her impatience along side of your fear."

"Our wolves are eager to relieve you of your fear and meet their mate. Come on, little one. Let's get up and head outside so our wolves can run." Quinn says as he begins to get out of bed.

Unintentionally I let out a whimper. I'm beginning to feel nauseous as my fear peaks.

Do not fear me, My Carter. Lupin speaks.

It's not you specifically that I am afraid of. You're my wolf, my soul. For the first time in my life, I am finally whole. What I fear is pain and that which I cannot control.

Our mates will help us with our first shift. I am here, My Carter, and I promise you that you will never be alone.

"Trust in Lupin and trust in us." Quinn smiles at me.

I take a deep breath and try to calm my racing heart before I nod and give him a smile in return. If I can be the Queen to the wolves, I can damn well suck it up and overcome my fear right now.

I tuck my hair behind one ear before looking up to their hopeful faces and nod. As my eyes met Quinn's silver ones, his brows furrow and he moves towards me. His fingers grasped my chin, and he tilted my head to the side.

"Carter... your birthmark is gone." He whispers.

"What?"

Xander leaps up and moves beside me to get a better look himself and huffs. I lift my fingers to feel the smooth skin behind my ear.