Chapter 12: Boomer

Start from the beginning

Ah, so their relationship is like I thought it would be. "Who are you and what is your business with my son."

Hesitating for a second to answer, just because I was still nervous that he would recognize me. I should just make them both fall asleep and run away. That sounds like a good idea. I looked to Todoroki for some kind of help, but sighed when he just stood there, giving his dad a death glare.
"My name is Mavis and I am here to train with your son.

"-sir" I added quickly.

"Training? Why would my son train with someone like you?" He asked mockingly. Which personality should I take while talking to someone that thinks he is better than me?

But before I could decide, Todoroki spoke for me. "Believe it or not, she is the strongest one in my class, and she wanted to help me with my training."

I looked to the ground the whole time, not daring to even glance at him. My gut feeling is telling me to leave. Pronto.

"Is that so?" I felt his eyes looking me up and down, examining me. I feel dirty...

"What's your quirk?"

"Like I said, that's none of your business." Todoroki repeated again.

It was silent for a minute, the tension in the room building up every second. Looking up again I saw how his father gave Todoroki a glare and the boy besides me giving one of his own, calm but intimidating, glare back.

I tapped my hand the whole time to pass some time.

1 sheep.

2 sheep.

3 sheep.

I sighed.
"Should I go?" I asked Todoroki gently in a whisper.

'Please say yes. Please say yes. Please say yes."

"Not you but him, you are disturbing us in our training." I whined in my head and looked down again.

4 sheep.

5 sheep.

7 sheep.

"I would like to watch a round of you guys training." Endeavor directed his eyes to me when I looked up.

"Not a chance." Todoroki shot out before I could say something.

"Mavis." His demanding voice brought back memories that I tried to forget. My bottom lip trembled and I held back my tears that wanted to slip. Even when I associated with people more dangerous and intimidating than him, this was different. Why the fuck do my feelings betray me. I tried to count sheep so my mind wouldn't wander that way.

I swallowed the lump in my throat to answer.
"With all due respect sir, but I think you would only distract Todoroki, while fighting, with your presence. You could watch him fight another time maybe?" Not with me though. I'm out of here.

"Then another time. Mavis, I would appreciate it if you would come and train with my son from now on more often. If you really are that good, how my son said, then it would be great for him." Do all Todorokis want me in their home now? This is getting tiresome.

"Only if Todoroki would want me to, I don't want to pressure him with training."

"He needs every training he can get."

"Like I said, only if he wants to." I shot him a glare. I hate repeating myself.

He nodded and went out of the training room. Leaving me and Todoroki alone again.

"Thank you." I glanced to the candy cane boy, but then looked for my bag.

"Thank you for standing up against my old man for me." He said sincerely, catching my eyes.

My eyes widened slightly. "Oh no! It was nothing! I wish I could have done more." I held my hands up.

"I think I should go home now, it's getting dark."

Todoroki nodded and I went to the bathroom to change. After I came back out, I saw that Todoroki had changed too and was waiting for me.

He escorted me to their door, and we stood in silence in front of it.

"Todoroki," I said gently.

"You know, I am here for you if you want to talk. Even for the silliest things, anytime! You already have my number." I gave him a warm smile before opening the door to leave.

"Mavis," I looked back to Todoroki.

"Thank you. I appreciate your kindness."

"Anytime at your service."

1288 words