Sub-Chapter 19: Family Bonds

Start from the beginning

I tensed up at the sound of his voice. I felt so helpless but I wanted to rip the guy to pieces but I couldn't move and my body felt heavier than it ever had before. His jaw clinched showing a outward sign of emotional vulnerability as he reminisced about the situation.

"But my sister, your mother, she had a remarkable power which allowed her to swap souls with anyone, anywhere, at anytime," he replied showing visual signs of regret on his face.  "And as I went in for the killing blow against your father, your mother exchanged souls with him sacrificing herself in the process. Putting…her death…on me."

He lowered his head in an attempt to shield his emotions.

"I just wanted my boys. And if your father would have stayed out of it and minded his own business then my sister would still be here. Instead, I had to watch the only person I would ever die for, die in my hands," he replied angrily. "So, after that, I began my war with your father. A sort of revenge. I set out to eliminate the disciples of the light and take them away from their children just like they had taken me away from mine and my sister. I systematically took out each and every one of them. But your father was a hard one to crack and he would always show up before I could finish the job and save at least one. He was a constant thorn in my side."

I stood emotionless. I had so many emotions running through me that I truly felt my body had overdosed on it.I was mad, scared and angry; all at the same time. I had no response. I showed no real emotion beside a blank stare into nothingness. All the pain we had gone through, all the things that me and my Legionmates lost out on was a product of a selfish man’s revenge.

"Did you kill my mother as well?" Isaiah butted in.

He paused closing his eyes as if to be visually stung by Isaiah's words. He put his hand over his mouth in a pulling motion in a show of frustration.

"Son, there is something you should know about that as well," he replied walking toward Isaiah as he spoke. "There's more to it than just that."

“Don’t call me that,” Isaiah fired. “You lied to me.”

He seemed floored by Isaiah’s words. His body seemed drained of emotion at the sound of his words.

"How were you able to find us?" I replied cutting him off before he could respond.

He gathered himself before breathing deep and responding.

"Every family has a specific smell in their faith energy," he replied cutting his eyes in my direction. "That Eli self-righteous scent reeks off of you. I can smell it from anywhere.”

“Well, if that’s the case why did you need my father to find your sons? Couldn’t you have just found them yourselves,” I replied secretly pressing to see if he could tell who Sam was.

He smiled shaking his head.

“Good question,” he replied. “Always analyzing, man, you remind me of my sister,” he responded. “Has anyone ever told you how much you look like her?”

He went to put his hand on my head as I knocked his hand away. He looked at his hand and chuckled as he continued.

“Well, my faith energy is invisible to me because I’m smell blind to my own scent and somehow my sister was able to mask Becky’s smell from me,” he replied almost embarrassed to say it. “So, as it stands, Isaiah is standing right here in front me and I couldn’t tell the difference between him and a that wooden desk. In a way, I just have to trust him.”

Isaiah looked away angry intentionally avoiding eye contact.

“What about your other son?” Isaiah replied.