32 | THE GALA, COMPANY EVENT

+

one week. it's been one week since you've last seen jungkook, and today was the day you were going to also see jungkook for the first time.

nervousness invaded you, as the limousine that you and dohyun were seated in pulls up, to the big front gate that leads to the entrance of the main building where the entire company event was being held.

when you got home that specific night, the next day dohyun didn't mention anything.

you avoid eye contact, and tried to ignore talking to him for the entire week. dohyun notices but did not bother to speak up about it, until now. you felt him place his hand over your bare thigh — gaining your attention. you brushed his hand away from you.

"hey what's wrong?" he asked as he pressed the top button, causing the limousine windows towards the driver to slide up and shut so the driver wouldn't be able to hear what you and dohyun are talking about from behind.

you scoffed, "as if you don't know." you told him off referring to the night he attempted to rape you. you rolled your eyes, as he played dumb. unless dohyun wasn't aware of his drunken actions that night. 

"i don't know, really." dohyun continued. "you have been acting this way all week.. and i still have yet to figure out the matter behind your sudden attitude."

you glare at him crossing your arms over your chest as he gave you a flustered look.

"do you not remember that night?" you question, as he remained silent, waiting for you to proceed. "the night in specific where you have attempted to.. rape me." you look away from him, your voice becoming weak as you finished the sentence.

feeling thick tears brimming in your eyes, you were turned away to avoid him from seeing you about to cry. you didn't want him to see you in this sad state.

you didn't want to look weak.

but you were. slowly, memories flash through your mind of that specific night where you struggled and pleaded for him to stop with his filthy actions. your heartbeat begins to race as you remembered it as if was just yesterday when the incident happened.

you felt dohyun grasp onto your shoulder, however you didn't stop him.

you faced him with teary eyes, as he gave you a sympathetic look. he too was so shocked by his own actions and it stunned him to an extent, where he'd thought he was almost going insane.

eyes locking with yours, he inhaled deeply. "darling
i am so sorry." he enunciates, but you push the man away from you — you, not wanting to feel his touch.

he places a hand over your thigh trying to gain your attention once more. "y/n, i was drunk, and—" your voice was unsteady as you cut dohyun off by raising your tone at him.

"being drunk should not, nor ever, be an excuse for your actions, dohyun." you scoff, pushing him away as you turned the opposite direction — wiping away your fallen tears you retrieved a tissue from the box that was displayed nearby.

with awkward silence filling the atmosphere, in the car, dohyun picked up the vintage cellphone, that is attached to the car.

"please pull-over in a parking lot, fade the windows and head inside. i need some time alone with my fiancé." he demanded. "as you wish, sir." the driver responds through the speaker, instantly pulling up, in an empty parking space — further away from the other cars, also people who were attending the gala.

your driver bids a short goodbye before escorting himself out of the limousine.

leaving you and dohyun alone, he pressed a button that faded the windows, so people from the outside aren't able to see whats going on inside the vehicle. you raise a brow looking towards dohyun confused. he pulls you closer towards him, engulfing you into the comforting hug you didn't know you've needed.