•late bloomer•

𝐉𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐧 𝐱 𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞
———————————————————
it's fine that you're late
*requested*

Vinnie was never late with anything, going to meetings, or catching flights. Whatever it was he was always on time. So when his symbol indicated whether he was an Alpha, Beta, or Omega. He panicked. His parents told him he would be fine, but he didn't listen.

He thought something was wrong with him. He thought he was some anomaly kid who didn't get their symbol. Jordan his boyfriend assured him everything was fine and he didn't even care that Vinnie didn't have a symbol.

"Vin I'm telling you it's fine. You're perfect the way you are," Jordan said trying to calm his boyfriend's nerves.

"No, it's not Jordan. I should have gotten the day I turned 18," Vinnie yelled a bit.

"Fine when you're done worrying about this then maybe we can go on an actual date," Jordan said and got up from the table.

The two were supposed to be on a date, but the only thing Vinnie could focus on was his symbol.

He then felt a tingling on his wrist. He looked down and saw 3 little lines. He was a beta, he did look like an alpha. He also had the personality of an omega, so beta made sense.

He smiled and then remembered Jordan. "Fuck," he mumbled. He paid and then got an uber home cause Jordan took the car. He got back to the house and went to Jordan's room.

He knocked first, he never knocks but he figured that it would be appropriate to do right now. "come in" Jordan said. Vinnie walked in and saw Jordan sitting on his bed with the stuffie that Vinnie sleeps with.

"Look-" They both started, "you go first" Jordan smiled. 

Vinnie nodded, "Look I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have cared so much about a stupid symbol." 

"I'm glad you came to your senses, but don't act like I can't see the lines on your wrist," Jordan smiled and looked at Vinnie's wrist.

"Oh yeah I'm a beta," Vinnie said softly.

"I knew that dummy" Jordan laughed. He opened his arms for Vinnie to cuddle with him. Vinnie giggled lightly and went to Jordan's arms.

"Next time don't worry about something so small" Jordan ran his hand through Vinnie's hair.

"I'll try," Vinnie mumbled into Jordan's chest. The two cuddled for the rest of the night, just talking and laughing at Vinnie's stupidity.