Chapter 30 - Confrontation

Începe de la început

    These ones would be harder, because these ones had fresh wounds on them and the scent was almost overpowering. The closer he got to them, he more his mouth watered.

Luke did his best to stave it off as he ripped apart the chains that were binding the first human. As soon as he did, they immediately dropped on him, too weak to stand on their own two legs. Luke stumbled back and readjusted the man's body so it'd be easier to carry.

    This poor victim was practically draped over his shoulder.

One little bite...Just a taste....

    "I'll take him." A man offered, startling Luke.

A handful of humans had decided to stay behind to help the injured ones out.

    At first Luke resisted the offer, wanting to keep that delicious smell close. It was warm and comforting, drawing him in....

    Biting his lip, Luke reluctantly handed the victim over and watched as the volunteer escorted him up the stairs. Then he returned his attention to the rest, making his way to the back of the room where that cursed table was located.

    After freeing the last of the humans, he paused to examine just what exactly this was. The dissection table had a few stains on it, with the side counter full of knives, clamps, wires, and other strange assorted tools. A couple jugs of oil were set beside the sink, which he assumed were for fueling the torches. Beside the counter were some tubes leading into empty vats that were far too large for a blood withdrawal. Filling just one of those would kill a human.

    There was an urgent murmur among the remaining humans, but Luke didn't turn to see what they were suddenly concerned about. Instead, he became focused on the small bit of blood he had gotten on his hands from removing the injured people down from the walls.

    His senses became zeroed in on the small bit of crimson coating his palm. Luke was unable to hear, see or smell anything beyond that intoxicating liquid.

    One taste wouldn't hurt, right?

    He had heard that human blood was prized among all others and had an addicting quality, but did it really taste that good? The cow's blood he had tried earlier was pretty satisfying, so what would human blood taste like compared to that?

    Luke couldn't deny that he was curious as he drew his fingers in close. Just one lick wouldn't hurt anyone. The blood was already on his hands anyways.

    "Go ahead."

    Right. There was no harm in testing it.

    "Taste it."

    If not now, then he may never know what all the hubbub was about. After everything he'd been through, Luke deserved to know!

    A hand on his shoulder snapped him out of his trance just before his tongue touched his finger, and Luke whipped around to find none other than the Emperor.

This was why the remaining humans had become upset. Luke had become so intoxicated by the blood that he hadn't even noticed the bastard walk in. Only, the Emperor was far from his usual intimidating self.

Half of the Vampire's face looked like it had been clawed off, with blood flowing out onto his shoulder, staining his noble attire. The man's cape was ripped in half and tattered, and his hair was sticking up in every direction. His arms seemed to likewise be covered in various lacerations, and his chest had one large claw mark right across the middle, exposing his flesh.

The Emperor was not in good condition to say the least. These wounds were visibly healing, but not very fast, and he was slumped over, unable to keep a straight posture.