Until Our Stars Align

Chapter 7

"I was sad on not witnessing a falling star, until, I have realized my star had already fallen by my side"

****

"Please accept this humble present Lady Mharya. I had them specifically ordered from Paris"

"Oh my, these are so wonderful! Thank you Lady Burboun" masayang sagot ko at hinawakan ang binigay niya sa aking kahon na naglalaman ng Gucci Snowflake boots for babies.

"It is indeed so cute big sister, I'm sure big brother will also like this" Rauzell who was sitting beside me cooed after seeing the pair of shoes.

"I'm glad to know you like it"

"Lady Mharya, next time I'll bring you a cashmere fur coat as well since winter is coming near!" singit naman ng isa sa mga binibining kakwentuhan namin.

The news about the Duke of de Seville marrying one of his best friends circulated the day after Lady Madeleine visited us. Silva already expected this much so he made sure that no one will dare wag their tongues about our situation the reason why he confirmed it and even shared my pregnancy.

Together with the help of Rauzell, I invited some of the French noble ladies for a tea party in the Chateau de Seville, in this way I can show the public that I am not afraid of the rumors flying around about me.

Of course, a lot of ladies immediately accepted my invitation in hope of winning the favor of the future Duchess of one of the Families of S.

"This year is truly an amazing one in our society. The Countess of Sinclaire just got married, the sudden change of the heir of the Salazaar family and now, the Duke de Seville will also be welcoming his new Duchess. The wind of change for the next generation is rather very uncanny" matalinghagang puna ng isa sa pinakamatandang aristokratang dumalo ngayon.

"I can't help but to agree with you Lady Schneider, the new generation of the Families of S will be a sight to behold..." may mga ngiti sa labing napahimas ako sa tiyan ko.

Naputol ang pakikipagkwentuhan ko sa kanila nang lumapit sa akin ang isang butler at may binulong.

"Lady Mharya, Lady Madeleine is here requesting for your presence"

Silva's Aunt must have heard the tea party I'm organazing today the reason why she dropped by without prior notice.

Natahimik ako saglit ang nagisip. Kung papayagan ko siyang sumali dito sa tea party ay baka may iba siyang gawin at ipahiya ako sa harap ng mga bisita ko.

"Lady Madeleine actually wants to talk to you in private and requested to meet you in one of the private offices inside the Chateau" dagdag ng butler na mas lalong ipinagtaka ko.

Why would she want to talk to me in private?

"Alright, tell her I'll be meeting her in a few minutes" sagot ko at umalis na ang butler pabalik sa Chateau.

""""

Matapos kong magpaalam saglit sa mga bisita ko ay nagtungo na ako sa isa sa mga private office kung saan naghihintay ang tiyahin ni Silva.

"Greeting Lady Madeleine... Does Silva know you're here?" tanong ko sa matandang aristokrata na prenteng nakaupo sa sofa pagkapasok ko.

"Why are so on guard my dear? I'm just here to congratulate you. I heard that you're with a child already... The heir of de Sevilles..." mataman na tinitigan niya ang tiyan ko.

Why bother telling me about this when she's the one who actually created the rumors about our marriage, siguro hindi niya inakalang kami mismo ni Silva ang kukumpirma ng mga chismis tungkol sa bagay na iyon pati ang pagbunyag na buntis ako.