24: Spill the Beans!

Start from the beginning

"Wait--first listen to me. I was blackmailed into this marriage! " I said sternly as her eyes withdrew from her phone, shocked.

"What?? Are you serious-- Wait, First tell me whom are you married to?" Her jaw dropped down as she dramatically sat down on her chair.

"That annoying Vi--"

"Vivaan? Holy crap!
I am not leaving home, without shredding him to pieces today!" She said furiously. 

"Will you please let me finish. It's Vikram and not Vivaan" I rolled my eyes. 

"Ohh--Vikram huh!" She grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"Stop with that creepy smile!"

"Come on, you knew I was already shipping you guys. Well so -- wait, first tell me why I wasn't invited " Her happy mood changed from 100 to 0 immediately. 

We took our own time in the cafe as I told her everything about how Mrs.Malhotra's blackmailed and how Megha and Rohits's life were also trapped amidst all the problems, and how I was left with no choice

"Oh God, I wish I was by your side. But why is this kept as a secret?" She asked with a glum face.

"I have no idea about that. We were just not allowed to invite anyone else apart from close family. I am so sorry Anki" 

"It's okay, what can we do about that now? Somethings are not in our control" She sighed. 

Thank God! 

"Aisha knows?" She asked all of a sudden, "Of course not" I shrugged as my phone beeped.

"Hubby huh?" Anki gave in a smug look as I grabbed my phone from my bag and had a look at the Caller ID.

"You wish! It's Aishu" My eyebrows creased as I picked up the call.

"Suha, where are you? I want to meet you now" She sounded impatient.

"Woah wait--I am in the cafe near our college with Anki" I blurted it out.

"You guys are together? Anyways, I am on my way. See you there" She immediately hung the call.

"What's wrong with this girl?" I asked Anki confused, as she shrugged and gave a 'Come-on-she-is-our-friend-what-else-can-you-expect' look

"So, are you planning to tell this to Aishu?" Anki asked questioningly.

"Of course, you want me to die in her hands?"  I counter-replied.

"No it's just---Nevermind" Anki shrugged of the topic.

"Come on, tell me what it is!" I rolled my eyes.

"We both know that Aisha and her brother are close. If you tell her--won't that guy also know? I mean, I don't know about you, but I honestly feel that Vivaan is creepy as hell" Anki shook her dramatically. 

"Come on, he isn't that worse" I shrugged.

"Please Suha!
Please don't tell me you still have feelings for him" Anki rolled her eyes as she picked up the same butter knife she had dropped a few minutes ago.

"No no, of course not. But it's just-- I loved him once...and I just can't hate him all of a sudden but I--"

"--still have a soft corner for him?" Anki raised her eyebrows. 

"I mean--" I shrugged searching for the right word.

"Whatever it is..Throw it in the dustbin right away, because you belong to someone else now" She winked.