| 3 |

A slice of sunshine seeped through my bedroom curtains waking me up from my deep slumber. I looked at the clock on my bedside table and yawned. 10:30am. Great. Rise and shine Kylie.

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and changed into sweats and a nirvana t-shirt as I headed down the kitchen.

You're probably wondering why I'm all alone in this house and why I'm not going to school. But before I answer that question, let's start first by introducing myself.

My name's Kylie James. I am an only child. My mom and my dad are both businessmen so they're often away for business trips. My mom, Stella James works hand in hand with my dad, Gregory James to manage our chains of businesses.

I know you're probably wondering why I adore my parents despite the fact that they always leave me for business trips. I'll tell you why.

Despite the fact that my parents are always away from me, they never failed to provide me with all the luxuries in life. They're also trying their best to be a good parent for me but I noticed that that can't happen because of their hectic schedules so I was the one who suggested that it's okay if they're always away. I know that they're only doing this for my future.

My mom once decided to get me a nanny but I refused. Because nanny's just for kids and I'm like in college already.

Answering the first question, my parents are away on a business trip in New York which explains why I am the only one roaming this big house. Secondly, I go to school. It just so happens that we're on our summer vacation which explains why I don't always prepare for school.

I prepared myself a bowl of sliced fruits and a tall glass of fresh milk for breakfast. I was eating my breakfast on the couch watching some kind of chick flick movie when my phone suddenly vibrated. I fished it from the coffee table and was puzzled to see a text from an unknown number.

"Hi."

Who is this creep? I ignored the text since I usually ignore messages from unknown numbers and continued eating my breakfast.

Then my phone vibrated again.

"You bailed on me last night."

Crap! It's that Chase guy again! How on earth did he found out about my digits? This guy is starting to freak me out. First my facebook account and now my number? Seriously. What's with this guy?

I furiously typed a reply that read, "HOW ON EARTH DID YOU GET MY DIGITS?!"

My phone buzzed again. This time, he's actually calling. Without a second thought, I answered it.

"Good Morning to you, too." he said, somewhat amused.

"TELL ME HOW DID YOU GET MY NUMBER OR I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GONNA CALL THE FUCKING POLICE!" I shouted on the other line.

"And tell them what?"

"I'll tell them.. I'll.. Ugh! Just leave me alone!"

"That's kind of hard to do at the moment."

"And why is that?"

"Because.."

"Because what?!"

"I just want to know you more, okay? Stop freaking out. It's not like I'm gonna kill you."

"Why do you want to know me more?"

"Because I think you're different."

"We are all unique so we are all different. Duh." I answered flatly.

"See? That's what I mean about you being different. You say what's on your mind. You're not afraid of what others might think. You just express yourself freely. You're witty and funny at the same time. It's a breath of fresh air."