" Are you okay? " The kind woman asked and turned to look at me.

The woman from before. " I'm..fine. " I answered quite hesitantly and looked down at my hands, it was covered in black ink with a few splatters on both my arms.

She frowned and offered a hand to pull me off the floor. " I came as soon as I heard a noise, I'm glad I got here before you could injure yourself. " The woman said in relief.

I gave a short chuckle before slowly removing my hands away from her grasp.

" Are you new here? "

I moved to look at her, I was immediately stopped at her answer. The only thing I remember of was Schlatt's name, I had no idea where I'm currently am. " I suppose not. "

She frowned, a bit confused of my answer. I couldn't blame her, it was confusing if I was in her position.

" Uhm- It's just that, I haven't seen you here before. Well, my name is Niki, it's a pleasure to meet you. " The kind woman with soft, dark brown eyes gave me a greeting smile before handing her hand as she introduces herself to me.

" My name is Samantha. " I accepted her hand to return the kind gesture before lifting my head to show my usual smile whenever I greeted Schlatt. He never once did react to it but the woman in front of me was suddenly on edge after I introduced myself, her hands felt like Ice while I was holding it. I awkwardly removed my hand away and chuckled.

" Samantha...? " She repeated in a questioning matter.

" Yes? " I asked worriedly, she's been staring at me for almost a minute. Luckily, she snapped out of it and forced a nervous smile on her face.

" Sorry about that, it's just that you reminded me of someone..or atleast someone I've heard of. " She laughed nervously.

I slowly nodded. " That's fine. "

Niki moved her hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear before looking down to observe the mess on the ground. She frowned and bent down to pick up the left things, before we ended with just a mess of shattered glass and ink.

" What happened here? " Niki asked.

" It's nothing... " I said.

She looked at me for merely a second before changing the topic to deciding how we were suppose to clean the stains on the floor. It wasn't until half an hour later when we finished, but I knew I wouldn't have done this without an extra hand, and so I offered my help before she could pick up the buckets of water we used to clean with. Niki was a bit hesitant at first but decided to lead me to where we could throw it away and wash the used rags we had used.

For the second time, I was now standing outside by a small river, washing pieces of clothe with the river's water. It was only meters away from where we were, and Quackity didn't seem to be around to tell me about his rules and send me back inside.

" How long have you been here? " Niki asked, trying to ease the silence between us.

" Not more than a day. " I respond.

She frowned and looked up at the sky, probably thinking. " Why haven't I seen you around? "

" That's because I'm always with Schlatt. If he's away, I stay inside. I've been told enough times about not being allowed to step outside. " I sighed and chuckled lightly.

" Even now? "

I smiled sadly. " Yes, Quackity would be mad at me if he sees me right now. "

She frowned and placed the soaked clothe on a dry rock before taking a sit beside me. I wasn't done yet with mine's so I remained crouched down while trying to get rid of the ink that tainted the fabric.

" Hey Sam, do you know who Tubbo is? "

I stopped my hands and turned around, she was staring at me right in the eyes, as if she was begging for me to answer. I pierced my lips together and scoffed. " Yes, I've heard of his name. "

" Fundy? "

" Same reason. " I muttered.

" Eret? "

" Again, same reason. "

Niki crossed her arms and started to really think. Deciding to ignore her, I continued the washing with a low hum. Afterward, I placed the soaked clothe beside the other before taking a seat on one of the rocks. I raised my chin and started to admire the riverbank, I closed my eyes for a second and felt the wind brushing through my body with the small splashes of the river's water echoing around my ears.

" How about Dream? "

A familiar mask appeared in my sight, making me shoot my eyes open as I stared at the glistening water. I frowned to myself and looked away with a grumble as I remembered the time I first saw him.

" Of course, I know him. He's a jerk. "

" What? "

I sighed. " A jerk, I was there the Night before when that man and his friends came to attack Schlatt. He's nothing but a pathetic enemy of our's. "

Niki became silent and stared at me from beside. Not until a minute later, she spoke up with a confused tone. " I guess you're not her... "

" Pardon? " I asked as I failed to hear it clearly. She flinched in surprise before forcing a smile.

" Don't worry about it. "

I nodded before turning to see the sun, a few more hours and it was almost sunset. I placed my palm on the ground and pushed myself up, standing up before smiling down at Niki.

" It was a pleasure to meet you, Niki. " I said. " I'll have to go, I'll see you once I can. " I started to walk away and planned to head back. Upon reaching the door, I gently pushed it open when it was suddenly stopped. I frowned and wondered what was blocking it from the inside, I attempted to push it once more when it was forcefully pulled from the other side.

________________________

i need a nap

btw any clarifications you want to ask? questions? i'll try to answer it before i fall asleep.