They don't talk after that as I get Damon. He is the calmest out of all of them probably sensing that I am here as I am not hiding it. Eric is alone in his office when we come and follows me like everyone else. I let them grab their things before we luckily they all fit in a minimum of three duffle bags.

I leave them hidden in the trees as I go and drop off a note for the Base Commander so he doesn't get worried about five of his people missing. Once I am back I shadow them all to the coven. Getting back to the same place I left I look around puzzled the casters aren't there. Opening a small door at the gate I watch as men and woman-run around wildly.

Grabbing a person on the arm as they run past I pull them in front of me. "What is going on what happened?"

The person shakes in my hold "a poison has come it is infecting the humans and the vampires can't heal it."

Letting them go I swear under my breath stomping to the medical cave on the ground level. Pushing my way in I gaze at the bed-covered floor. Each bed is filled with a seizing body as blood comes out of their lips and eyes. Marching over to Melanie I grab her arm roughly pulling us eye to eye. "What happened I was gone for an hour and now all the human population here is poisoned."

She sighs leaning back to get out of my hold, releasing her I cross my arms over my chest tapping my foot. "The witch must have done a poison spell making vampire blood unable to heal the humans."

Working my brain I look over at the humans as the vampires still try to heal them. "What about my blood?"

My question catches her off guard "we-well that might work as you have magic in your blood making you possibly able to bypass the spell." I raise an eyebrow waiting. She sighs looking at her people laying on the beds dying. "Go for it," I nod quickly getting to work.

Cutting at my wrists I let my blood drop out. Before it hits the floor I guide it over to each person forcing it down their throats. Quicker than ever dozens of people have my dark blood running throw their system. Slowly the seizing stops and the blood stops flowing. The room calms down as each person's breathing evens out.

Letting the cuts I made heal I step back walking outside into the sun. Melanie runs after me grabbing my wrist and pulling me around to face her. She pulls me into a tight hug "thank you for helping them." She whispers stepping back.

I smile softly at her "I would have helped them anyway. They are going to want to get moving tomorrow they will be in some pain and discomfort for s few days. Some might be casters so we will get them all training once the pain stops. Their sight will change as mine did like I told you but that will be fine."

She nods taking in my words "we will I have a feeling they won't mind as they are still breathing."

I smiled turning around to head out. The sun starts to set by the time I return from my early hunt. All is calm and well inside the gates. The casters are proudly showing off their new tricks assisting around where they can. The fire casters let small balls of flame float around for light by the looks of it it's music night.

Searching I find my friends all lounging around on the deck watching the show. "Hey, guys don't you want to dance?" I ask as I fly up to them with my favourite pair of wings.

Sam's eyes widen grabbing Liam's hand and pulling him out of his chair "come on Liam let's dance."

"But there is no music," he says a sour look on his face. Right on cue, the music starts.

"Kain can you possibly..." Sam points to the ground. I nod making an ice slide down the three levels we are on. Quickly she slides down Liam at her side.

Melting the slide I drop into Liam's vacated seat back to normal. "What you're not going to ask me to dance?" Damon asks playfully putting a hand over his heart "I am hurt."

Laughing I pat his shoulder "I can't take a brother away from the possible dance partners you might get that is just selfish."

He chuckles "very considerate sister you are Indra."

"Why thank you, Dam," I say beaming "I have missed you, man."

"I missed you too," we sit in silence for a little watching our other friends dance on the makeshift dance floor on the ground. "Is it safe to do something like this when the witch can attack at any moment?"

"No...but we all need to relax especially after the scare we had today. A little fun never hurt anyone."

He nods. A few moments later he stands up holding his hand out to me. "May I have this dance dear old sister?"

Taking his hand I let him pull me up "but of course dear old brother." We laugh walking over to the edge of the deck.

"How are we going to get down?"

Smirking I raise us over the rail "the fastest way...falling." Pushing us over we fall to the ground Damon lets out a silent scream as we rapidly get closer to the ground. Before we hit it I slow us letting us softly land on the grass.

Pulling him to the dance floor we dance the night away beside our friends trading partners or dancing as a group. Enjoying the stress-free night.

Comment, vote, and share