She clenches her jaw quickly before pulling out a water bottle from the fridge. "Fine. Just know that if you tie or lose again in the next race, you're fucked."

"I get it." I grit. "Where the hell are my car keys?"

"Those are mine now. If you want to go out, walk." She gives me a sarcastic grin and it takes everything in me not to do something brash. "But before you go on your little excursion, we need to talk about the other reason you're here."

"You can say it, you know. You can say you need me to kill someone." I say nonchalantly. Luna walks over to the other side of the counter and sits down, sipping on the bottle of water.

"It's not me, it's my dad." She corrects me. "He'd come and tell you himself but he's out on a business trip."

"Is there a convention for murderous gang leaders? Why wasn't I his plus one?" I tease, giving a false pout. "Get on it with it, though."

She takes in a deep breath. "Campbell Deacon. He's one of the engineers for the Lions. My dad needs him gone."

"Why?"

"Not that it's your place to ask questions but the Lions are getting aggressive. It's harder to settle shit with races anymore. You have until Sunday at 4 PM to take care of him." She says plainly. The phone rings again and she groans as she swipes to answer.

"Hello?" She speaks, waiting for a response. I would leave but I should probably stick around just in case this involves the mysterious half brother she's so worried about. "With Zayn?" She mutters. "Well, of course he's with Zayn. They're best friends."

I stay quiet, watching every little facial expression she makes as the person on the other line fills her in. "Who picked them up... in a Bronco... Bentley Hale... should have known... but why..."

I kind of tuned her out after hearing the name of the girl I tied against. Everyone seemed to know that Bentley Hale was not a guy except me. Imagine my surprise when one of the hottest people I've ever met stepped out of the sleek black mustang the other night.

I mean, she was in tight leather pants that hugged her long legs deliciously, and her dark hair was resting right above the curve of her ass. When I got a better look at her, the freckles on the outside of her eyelids grabbed my attention instantly, and her plump lips and long eyelashes were honestly distracting.

She was ridiculously attractive and the attitude problem only added to it.

From my first impression, Bentley Hale was a sore loser, and she didn't even lose. I hated the fact that I didn't win but a tie was better than a loss. She was angry when she saw me, even angrier when she realized there was no way to get rid of me, and enraged when I took the liberty to "accidentally" give her the middle finger. If she took a tie against me as a loss, imagine her face when she actually loses. Another thing about her was the fact that she wasn't gang affiliated.

That was curious on its own.

I mean, from what Luna had told me, Bentley grew up on the west side. She runs a car shop... she's friends with Apollo (that's why she didn't talk about her in front of him when he tattooed me the other day). It makes no sense as to why she wouldn't join. I mean, I wasn't about the gang lifestyle either but that's because I had someone to protect, and being in a gang would expose my weakness. Bentley though, according to my own research over the last few days , has nobody. Her parents were dead, she was an only child.

She has nothing to lose.

She has everything I don't: nothing.

And fuck it if I wasn't jealous.