Melanin dripping mommy (38)

AN: please vote for the chapter before you start reading :)
Xxxx

Muamba POV

I had one more week left in Evet before I could finally leave this place. However, the way the days were taking their own sweet time was insane. It was only Wednesday now. Yet, I felt like I had lived through and entire century.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I stayed at home wallowing my in own pity party. I had come here hoping to win Kapinga's heart only to have broken in again.

After doing a lot of self-searching, I realised that Kapinga was too good for me. She deserved someone who would not play games with her heart. I had done more than enough damage to her. I wanted to stop making her cry and yet, I went and did that still. But despite knowing that I am no good for her, I still could not let her go. I was in too deep to get out now. I had to keep on trying.

I also was no longer sure whether I wanted to reveal to her my true identity. Because that would mean I have to ask for a third chance. And I know that people say that the third time is a charm. But I am sure after realising that I broke her heart twice, she would not be keen on giving me a third chance.

My eyes then went up to the clock above my bed once more as if time would move faster if I kept watching it. I still had two more days in this village. I would only leave on Friday evening. I had to walk by foot until the meet up point where I would get a horse to ride all the way back home. I just needed to get through these last two days then I could see her again.

After begging Kalamabyi, which I am not very proud of, he told me all about Kapinga's departure. She had left with her professor and based on the carriage description, I got from Kalambayi, she should have reached the palace yesterday evening already. I was very curious as to what the emergency was. My dad knew that I was here as well, yet he did not see it fit for me to come back too. I just hoped that whatever it was, Kapinga was going to be okay.

XXXXXXX

Kapinga POV

"Kapinga!" Mukendi shouted so loud I felt like my eardrums would pop. It was only 6am in the morning, but from the way Mukendi shouted the whole palace was just woken up. I was not mad at all, as I followed in my baby brother's footsteps and ran to meet him half-way from the door.

"I missed you so much my baby," I said as I squeezed the life out of him. I had no idea that I missed my brother this much until I landed yesterday only to realise that I was dropped at the palace and Aunt Martha had already left with Mukendi for the day.

"Kapinga, I nnnnetababyyy," I heard Mukedui murmur in my chest. I could not make out what he was saying so I placed him on the ground and asked, "What?"

"I said I'm not a baby. I am a big boy now," Mukendi said and crossed his arms on his chest in defiance. I was about to reply to his remark when I heard someone clearing their throat and looked up to see Aunt Martha.

"Aunt Martha," I said and before thinking it through, I hugged her. As soon as I did, Aunt Martha stiffened in my arms. However, I was too happy to let go of her. She was all the parent I had left and so, she had better get used to my affection. After a few seconds of me still hugging her tight, Aunt Martha slowly rose her hands and embraced me back.

"I missed you to my child," she said. At this, I found myself crying. She reminded me too much of my mother by saying those words. So, I slowly let go as I wanted to use my hands to wipe the tears that were now pouring like a bucket.

"Hey, child. It is alright. You back home okay," Aunt Martha said and wiped my tears slowly. Before I could even say thank you to her, I heard, "Kapinga!" in an even higher and squeakier voice.

I turned around and saw Amina in pyjamas and messy tangled hair running down the stairs towards me. Yesterday when I arrived, Amina was already asleep so I did not get to see her.

"I missed you too," I said as I hugged her tightly. Amina was growing steadily. She was still shorter than me, but I could tell that she would grow to become taller than me in a few years. I also noticed that she and Mukendi were now the same height. This was very odd because Mukendi was tiny. I was very certain that he was going to become short like me but now I was doubting it. Aunt Martha saw my eyes shifting between the two kids and whispered into my ear, "He is happy now, and he is eating healthy. Soon he will be taller than you." And then she laughed. I joined her in laugher.

"Okay, Amina let us go get you dressed," Aunt Martha said. And started making her way towards Amina.

"I could do that," I said. I was after all Amina's babysitter once. And I could really use a gossip session with Amina on all I missed out when I left.

"You and Mukendi have to go see the King. Go one floor up and then then down the left corridor. The forth door. He should be there," Aunt Martha said. I wanted to ask her what it was but from the look in her eyes I knew not to question her. So, I took Mukendi's hand, and we started walking to the destination.

"Kapinga, are you back for good?" Mukendi asked besides me. I looked down at him to my left and smiled. I had no idea if I was back for good or not. But either way, I would still be okay.

"Let us find out shall we," I said. Then I knocked on the door.

"Come in," Came a voice from the other side. It was very masculine. At this thought I realised that I was going to bump into the prince at some point. So, I freaked out because I was not ready to see him yet. I am over him. But it is easier to say such when you aren't in close proximity with the person. But before I could even think to leave, Mukendi pushed the door open and walked into the room like it was his own room.

"Mukendi!" I whisper-yelled. As I tried to pull him back to my side. But then he said, "Hello Mr. king!"

That was when I looked into the room we just entered and saw the king looking as dishevelled as ever. He had not bothered to shave in days as his stubble had grown significantly. His hair looked way worse than Amina's. Overall, he looked extremely tired with red eyes.

"Hello Kapinga, welcome back," the king said. I was still deep in taking him in that I failed to notice that Mukendi had gone to the other side of the huge bed and was staring at the person in the bed.

Then he said, "Mommy Kapinga is finally here,"

Xxxx

QOC: Surprise surprise!

Thoughts on Kapinga's mom being alive still? Let me know in the comments y'all

XXXXX