"just go talk ta him fa real."

"i will, when i feel like it."
- - -

"hey whit." i smiled as she pulled me into a hug, i missed her so much.

"hi t baby! you look so good," she complimented.

"i could say the same about you." i teased.

"how you feelin?" she asked and sipped her water.

"i'm good, it's not like we was together for real anyways. it was probably a sign that we was movin too fast y'know?" i said and she nodded.

"you talk to him since?" i shook my head.

"not since i went ta get my things." i told her and frowned a little bit, "i do miss him though, i just don't know what ta say ta him."

"it happens to the best of us, even me and gerald. ya'll gone get back right, trial and error is apart of growing." she said.

"yeah i hear you, what's been goin on witchu though?" i asked wanting to get off that topic.

"well." she slid over a small box and i raised my eyebrow.

"whit what is this?" i put my top lip between my teeth and opened the box, i damn near screamed.

"no. oh my gosh!" i grinned looking at the multitude positive pregnancy test and sonogram photos.

"yeah." she nodded and i got up so i could hug her.

"you gone be a mama bear whittttt." i dragged out.

"i knowww, you're the first person i told. i know you only known us for like two months, but something told me to tell you first. i just felt i had to share it with you." she said and i couldn't stop smiling.

"i'm glad you told me, this is amazin for real." i couldn't stop looking at the black and white picture.

"i'm almost four months, i just started growing a bump so i didn't know like i wasn't sick or anything. i can't wait to meet my little bundle of joy."

"i'm so happy for you, hi baby it's tt troy."
- - -

"so i went apartment huntin with whit and i found a few that i liked, so i'll be out of your hair in no time." i said to my memaw.

"this is always your home troy, you welcome whenever. it's good to see you wanting to be all independent though. sam has a great role model." she smiled.

"i'm tryin." i said with a lopsided smile.

"i know and i'm proud of you." she kissed my forehead.

"thank you." i breathed out and she looked at me.

"you miss him don't you?" she asked and i laughed a little.

"it's that obvious?" i asked.

"girl you been walkin around like a sad puppy these last two months, it's more than obvious baby." she said and patted my folding hands.

"i just don't know what i'd say ta him, like hey i miss you sounds so ew." i scrunched up my nose.

"it's the truth though, ya'll grew so close in those two months and now ya'll can't function without each other. your daddy was the same way about ya mama, that boy would go crazy if she fell asleep for an hour and didn't call him." she said and laughed to herself.

"what were they like?" i asked and pulled my knees to my chest.

"kourtney was a vibrant girl, i remember the first day tory brought her to meet me. she was wearin this yellow sundress that made her mocha skin pop and her hair was in this big afro. she never let that smile leave her face, you look just like her but got the attitude of that daddy of yours."

"tory always saw the good in people and tried his best to help them better themselves, he was selfless and humble just like you. a good head on his shoulders, but he was naive and let people take advantage of him."

"they were friends since middle school but became lovers their junior year and when they hit eighteen you popped out. they loved you whole heartedly troy, yes they did." she nodded.

"they never let anything happen to their precious troy and when sam got here it was worst." she laughed.

"ya'll was they pride and joy, then kourtney got in that accident and them boys shot yo daddy, it was so sad. i miss them everyday." she was looking off at the horizon as the sun set behind the peach trees.

"i don't remember much about them, but i still miss them a whole lot." i said fiddling with the ring on my finger.

"they miss you too, trust me." she smiled and rubbed my shoulder.

"well let me get up here, i'm goin inside. you comin?"

"yes ma'am." i got up and helped her from her chair.

"they always right here." she tapped my heart.

"everywhere you go, they're still in your heart and watching down on you always."