she ran her hand over the top of her back near her shoulder blades and hummed a song she used to sing when troy was just a little girl.

of course this wasn't the end of wiz and troy, but it was definitely a major set back for the two.
- - -

"i'm really finna beatcho ass." nana said charging at wiz and ace grabbed her.

"mmtch keep yo chihuahua in check." mally said and nana flicked him off.

"um anyways i did tell my girl troy i wanted ta beatcho ass, but imma leave you alone fa na." a.k nodded to himself.

"ain't nobody fightin, ya'll just sit down." whitley said and they all sat down.

"where yo fuck tard of a husband at? cause the way i wanna strangle him right now." pookie said and crossed her arms.

"he's not with me, obviously." whitley said in a duh tone.

"mmtch get on with yo lil speech then." pookie said waving her off.

"it's not a speech," whitley laughed.

"why ya'll even here? cause i ain't call none a ya'll." wiz spoke up for the first time.

"excuse me, you already on thin ice nigga. go back ta bein quiet like a church mouse or imma hurt you wiz i swear," tootie said and he mugged her.

"quit talkin ta me like a fuckin child ain't nobody finna do shit, i know what the fuck i did. na get out my house." he stood up and walked to his room, everybody was slowly but surely pissing him off.

"mad cause he probably lost his girlfriend who not even his girlfriend." pookie said loud enough for him to hear.

"fuck out my crib ameena!" wiz yelled and and shut his door.

"not the government." nana laughed.

"ya'll go, i'll talk to him." whitley said and ushered everybody out before going to wiz's room.

she opened the door and sat on the end of his bed.

"you in here ta piss me off too?" he asked her.

"no, i'm in here to set you straight." she said.

"i ain't no child whit, i know where i went wrong. if you about ta be onnat then you can go cause ion trynna hear allat right na." wiz told her.

"i'll leave, but just remember you can't blame nobody but yourself if she don't come back."
- - -

"i should let her slap you." whitley said to mugga.

"slap me fa what? i ain't did nothin but relay what i was told." he shrugged and whitley shook her head.

"i should slap you myself then, you damn near thirty and actin like a little ass boy. how many times do i have to ask what's your problem with her? what could she have possibly done to make you act so bitterly towards her?" whitley questioned.

"you did this with dasha until she up and left, and now you're trying to run troy away. everybody leaves that boy because of you." whitley took her pointer finger and jabbed it into his chest.

"dasha was a bitch from the jump and no good for him, how would you feel if somebody you looked at as your own child been through so much hurt and you picked them up only for them ta get knocked down again? that's why i don't like ha, if she knock him down again i'm the one who's gotta pick him back up and stop him from doin stupid shit like damn near endin his life." mugga said.

"it's better she leave na before decides ta hurt him lata." he finished.

"you're scared." whitley said and shook her head.

"you're scared you gone lose him, that's exactly what it is." she said.

"and if i am? don't nobody know him like i do. if i lose him what am i? i took him in and raised him, i did that." mugga patted his chest.

"you livin yo life through him, but trust me he ain't goin no where. you gotta let everything go including him. wiz ain't a kid no more, we did our part by raising him and helping him grow into a man but he's gotta figure out the rest." whitley took her husband's hands into hers and squatted down so she could look into his eyes.

"let him go and be happy for him, i promise you he won't forget what you've done for him. he won't forget that you're here for him. he won't, but you've gotta release that hold on him and let him live."

mugga nodded at her words as he took everything, "okay."

"okay?" she raised her eyebrow and he nodded once more.

she stood to her feet and he hugged her waist laying his head on her stomach, she kissed his hair and caressed the side of his face.

"just be happy for him."