Chapter V: Cherry's Comeback...Again! I

"Yoongs you have three tables, t-there's seven backed up and...Yoongi my head is gonna explode." Minwoo pants as he holds his head in his hands, sniffling gently. Yoongi pats his back while sighing in exhaustion. The café had grown extremely popular over the course of another two weeks, getting a feature in the local news; it was no wonder they were absolutely flooded with customers. Yoongi nods, "o-okay...I'll take my section as fast as I can and then I'll help you with yours," Yoongi replies while moving out from the back room.

Yoongi scans the line almost leading out of the entrance, exhaling before he takes orders one by one. Yoongi practically teleports across the café, moving from the tables, to kitchens, to the island, back to the register, and following that schedule all over again for hours on end.

Jimin smiles as he does his daily walk to the café to see how Yoongi's holding up, looking down at his phone; he smiles as he rereads the morning texts Yoongi had spammed him with while preparing for opening. Looking up from his phone to open the door to the café, Jimin gasps at the commotion. Whimpering as he was shoved a bit by an antsy customer, he scans the room for his boyfriend; gasping at what he saw.

Yoongi's lips were practically burst open from how much he had been chewing at him, hair tousled and messy, his face flushed with an overwhelming and exhausting shade of red. Jimin feels a pang in his chest as he watched his boyfriend scramble to do his job properly, looking around with glassy eyes; he hears his name being called. "Minnie!" he hears. Jimin perks up as he meets Yoongi in a small room near the counter.

Pulling off his messy apron, Yoongi crashed into Jimin's arms. Jimin wraps his arms around Yoongi's shoulders and neck; resting his head against Yoongi's chest. Jimin feels tears sting at his eyes as he listens to his boyfriend's erratic and extremely fast paced heartbeat; knowing it wasn't due to the fact he was seeing Jimin, but due to the fact the elder was simply exhausted. Yoongi hears a sniffle from Jimin, sighing gently he raises Jimin's chin using his forefinger and thumb.

They didn't need to exchange any words, Yoongi knew by Jimin's teary eyes what was wrong. Yoongi leaned in to kiss Jimin sweetly, his lips melting and molding against the smaller boy's. Jimin whimpered, clutching Yoongi's shoulders and pouring more love into their kiss. Yoongi grins into the kiss, "slow down baby...I won't go." He whispers while brushing Jimin's hair back. Jimin cries a bit more before pulling away and crying softly into Yoongi's shoulder.

"I-I...Yoongi you look exhausted. Please don't work late today, please baby. You n-need sleep, you..."

"Hey," Yoongi stops Jimin's worried rambling by smiling warmly, his exhausted and droopy eyes meeting Jimin's diamond glistening ones. "I won't work late, promise. I know you're worried for me Minnie...I'm really sorry I-"

Jimin shut Yoongi up with another teary kiss, sniffling as he shakes his head like a little kid. Puffy cheeks and puffy eyes only making it harder for Yoongi not to coo at the smaller boy. "D-Don't you dare apologize. It's those two...well, three; who should be apologizing." Yoongi chuckles at Jimin's adorable anger, wiping away his tears with the pads of this thumbs he kisses Jimin's forehead. "Go treat yourself, Minnie baby. Grab a meal, okay? I'll call you as soon as I can." Jimin crashed into Yoongi for another giant hug, resting his head against the elders chest.

"I love you, Yoongi..."

Yoongi smiles fondly down at Jimin, "I love you more, Minnie baby." They shared a final kiss before Jimin exited the small room, turning to look at Yoongi worriedly. Yoongi gave his boyfriend a reassuring smile before waving, Jimin waving back and exiting the café; leaving with a heavy heart.

--

Yoongi didn't leave work early.

"Yoonie! You called!" Jimin cheers while sitting at home on their couch, smiling widely as he heard Yoongi's adorable laugh on the other line.

"I did! I'm off work now, Minnie. But, Namjoon called me to help him with some anniversary shopping. Is it okay if I go?" Yoongi asks while shoving his hand into his pocket, the seven pm wind growing colder by the second. Jimin nods with his mouth full of spicy tteokbokki, "Mhm, of course Yoonie. But be home soon! Miss you!" Jimin whines.

"Miss you more baby, I'll be home soon! Promise, I love you." He mumbles into the phone, receiving an excited, "I love you more, Yoonie-bear!" back. It almost made him leave work right then and there.

Yoongi hangs up, shoving his phone into his pocket before going back inside. Clocking back into work, he rests his forehead against the cool wall. He really didn't mean to lie to Jimin, nor did he want to. However, he knew leaving work early would run the risk of him not making as much money as he should be. Minwoo rested a hand on Yoongi's shoulder before smiling softly, "it'll be okay, Yoongs." Yoongi nods before turning back to the full dining room of customers, lord have mercy.

--

"Their anniversary was two days ago..." Jimin whispers to himself before putting his phone down, staring at the screen; he shakes his head. Jimin picks himself up off of the couch and grabs his keys, walking out of the door and locking it behind him. The wind chill grew even colder as he shivers, walking the same route he did the afternoon before.

Jimin stopped in his tracks, across the street from the café. Staring into the window, he watched as Yoongi struggled to breath; moving from table to table. Taking order after order, wiping his flushed face and continuing the almost torturous cycle of work. Jimin feels tears flooding down his face as he watched Yoongi set down a plate for a customer, running off as fast as he can to run his hand under cold water; the plate burning his palm. Yoongi bit his lip harshly before whipping his head in the direction of someone shouting his name, leaving his burned hand unattended to help his coworkers.

Jimin couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't stand by and watch Yoongi suffer himself to make enough money for food on the table. It wasn't fair, Jimin let out frustrated cries as he thought about Mina, Seungmin, and Yoongi's father. Exhaling sharply, he watched Yoongi struggle and pant; running from one end of the dining room to the next. Enough was enough, Jimin had to do something.

Pulling out his phone, he opened his contacts.

"Moon? I thought it over."

"I'll do the shoot with you..."