Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

My mother was at work and Connor was asleep, so I didn't feel the need to lock my door or anything as I held my broken boy in my arms, wishing I could fix his hurting but knowing that I might not ever fully be able to. It didn't change how much I loved him, though.

It was a long while before he somewhat calmed down, but we didn't break our embrace as I leaned back on the bed and brought him with me, wrapping myself around him in an even more comforting embrace.

"Hey, do you feel that?" I asked.

"Feel what?" His voice was deep and raw as he spoke, the sound slightly muffled since he was basically speaking into my covers. "My heart is hugging your heart," I told him lightheartedly, and I felt his eyebrows draw together against my neck.

"Yeah I kinda do," he replied with a slight chuckle, his voice still raspy. I brought my hand up to brush softly through his hair and planted a kiss on his head as he remained entangled with me.

"Good. Now do you feel that piece of my heart latching onto yours and staying with it forever? Because that's happening, and now they're always going to be together, my heart and yours, because they share some pieces," I continued, and felt a few more tears slide onto my shoulder from him, even as he had stopped shaking. "And so now you'll never feel alone with your struggles, because you know that you never will be." It was quiet for a few moments as he just took in my words.

"Can we just stay here forever please?" He asked into my neck, and I chuckled softly, still gently rubbing his back.

"For a bit, sure, but then you're gonna kick ass in that court room and I'll be there with your heart feeling all proud inside of you," I didn't even care if my words sounded weird, wanting him to get my message.

"Hm, it's usually me inside of you," he joked, and I laughed at his typical crudeness.

"For real, though, Ash. You're not at all alone." I reaffirmed. "Hey, look at me ya big lug," I reached and brought his face up to above mine. His tears had pretty much dried from his cheeks and there weren't any more in his eyes as I looked into them. "You're not alone. Okay?"

"Okay," he smiled ever so slightly, and it made me smile a bit, too.

"It's a good thing we have a few hours before you have to go anywhere because now I have to cover back up a lot of your bruises," I looked over the now re-exposed patches of blue and black on his jaw, cheekbone, and right temple.

He rolled onto his back and brought me with him, now on top of him, and I giggled a little bit as I held on to him to stabilize myself. He wrapped his arms around me and brought me tight into his chest. My head fit perfectly in the curve of his neck and shoulder.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" I asked, not necessarily referring to sex, but knowing where his dirty mind probably went. I placed a few sweet kisses along the side of his neck, and he smiled softly at it.

"This right here," he replied, shifting slightly under me and then hugging me to him again. One of his hands felt softly along my back as the other moved to my face to brush some hair away from it.

"I love you," he told me, his deep voice sending a warm sensation down my spine. I grinned and then leaned in to softly lock our lips. My hands rested on his chest as we moved slowly in perfect sync. I pulled away momentarily to respond.

"What a coincidence- I love you, too," I smiled again and then reconnected our lips as his spread slightly into a small smile.

Not remembering amidst all of his lingering emotions, he moved his hands to squeeze along the sides of my waist.

For a brief moment, I pulled away at the harsh memory that tried to pierce into my vision, but I quickly focused all of my energy on flooding my senses with Ashton, thinking about him in every corner of my mind and body, not letting anything else squeeze into my consciousness.

I wasn't sure if I was surprised or not, but after a few seconds, it actually worked. I opened my eyes again when the memory was gone, and felt myself begin to smile. He had taken his hands off my waist, though, and was looking up at me worried .

"I'm so sorry, I don't know how I forgot-"

"I know, it's okay," I cut him off with my lips on his again before pulling away to speak again, "I think I'm okay, do it again," I reached down and brought his hands back to my waist, keeping my lips close to his. I definitely felt something spark all over me when he gently gripped my sides, but it was the exciting butterflies this time, not the terrifying sensations that it had been for these past few weeks or so.

"We just need to take things slow, but I'm okay," I added, and he nodded, his eyes still slightly wide from his reaction to thinking he had triggered me.

I leaned in again and brought my lips to his, my hands feeling up to his color bone and then back down his chest before I moved to kiss his neck. He gripped me again, and it didn't feel scary this time, either.

**Slight smut warning!!!**

"We shouldn't do anything you're not ready for," his voice rasped out and he felt down to the back of my thighs as I straddled him. My torso was pressed against his, and he gently gripped my butt.

"There are things I didn't do for him, though, that would be completely fine.. if you wanted," I offered, feeling down his abs to his waist band.

"S-sure, yeah," he was pretty damn flustered as I did this, and I returned my lips to his after before releasing to bring myself lower on the bed. He realized what I was doing let out a breath of anticipation as I began to undo his pants.

I quickly got up and locked my door, but then walked back over and leaned down over him with a grin. I lifted his shirt up a bit and kissed along the bottom of his abs, unzipping his pants and pulling them down slightly.

He breathed out a quiet profanity and my name when I brought him into my mouth, knowing exactly how he liked it now that we'd been together for so long. I looked up at him and made eye contact with his dark eyes for a moment before he rested his head back against the sheets, his abs tensing as I went on slow and sensual.

Both of my hands were working with me, heightening the sensations he was feeling as an occasional deep, quiet sound came from him. I was angled enough for him to be able to run his hand down my back as I went on, and he let out a few more quiet profanities.

When he finally finished, I couldn't help but grin at the utter pleasure painted across all of his features as his chest rose and fell with deep breaths.

"You're literally so out of my league," he breathed out, still taking in the high as I let go of him and lifted myself back off the bed with a small chuckle. I quickly placed one last peck on his lips and then moved to my door.

"I know, right," I joked, "just kidding, I'm gonna get us some water- when I'm back you better be freshened up and ready to get more makeup slapped on your bruises- and now your hickeys," I told him, and he chuckled as I opened and shut the door behind me.

Connor was still asleep as I passed his room on my way downstairs, thankfully. It was just a few hours until he would be in that god-awful court room trying to prove himself and his love to a judge that had never met him before. I just hoped with everything in me that it went his way.

I mean, it probably would be fine.. right?

• • •

Hey guyss!!

Love you all, you gorgeous people.

Stay beautiful,
Briella <3