Healing

Flashback (Location is Ripper's old cage in the Lockwood Mansion: two years before Fallen Kingdom events)

_____________________________________________

I was growing tired of the various amounts of tests and training I was going through. The events could be anything from intervals of no sleep, food or water, to the very next day having to run for long periods of time or fight some new animal. The only constant was the humans in white clothing standing to the side and dilligently recorded the results.

I always knew that there was someplace bigger outside then the underground cement corridors and the dark cell, which I have been living in my entire life. I could almost sense the larger outside, and I longed to be out there.

I wanted to leave this place.

However as I looked around at the numerous teeth and claw marks dented into the metal bars of my cage. I realized that if there was a weak point or a way out I would have found it by now. However despite the seemingly hopelessness of my situation, I had an idea. If I was unable to escape from this place, then I was going to make those who kept me here suffer as well.

The best opportunity to attack was when they were drawing blood from me. How they normally drew blood from me was by using some sort of fake threat or prey in order to distract me. Then while I am distracted, they sneak up behind me and restrain me.

However this time they would learn not to mess with me anymore. Because I am bigger and stronger then I was a year ago. While they may have taser batons and guns, I have claws and sharp teeth. But in order to get them to come close enough for me to use my claws, I would have to fool them into thinking they were stronger then me.

So over the past couple of weeks I have been letting them draw blood from me without much of a challenge, while also make sure to intentionally fall for every single one of their tricks. To falsely lure them into a false sense of security. Now all I needed to do was wait.

While I was busy planning my revenge, A honey badger was released into my cage.

"Go get em tough guy" one of the guards laughed, whether he was supporting me or the honey badger, I did not know

[Remember to go easy on it, I have to pretend to be distracted] I reminded myself as I prepared for a fight

The striped dog sized animal attacked without warning.

It growled as it sprinted towards me before jumping and bitting on my arm without a care in the world for it's own safety.

Even though it was vicious and relentless, it's tiny teeth were unable to puncture through my scales.

I quickly dispatched it with the very same arm it was bitting on. With the simple motions of lifting my arm up, and then slamming it down into the cold concrete ground with a bone snapping crunch.

I looked at the corpse of the honey badger mashed between my claws. Though it was not a challenge to kill it, perhaps there was a lesson or rather a trait I could still learn from it. I had found myself admiring the creature's aggression and determination against losing odds.

[Time for the next part of my plan]

I starting eating, making sure to keep my eyes focused on the dead prey. Making sure not to look at the scientist and guards sneaking up behind me.

[Any second now...]

I felt their gloved hands grab me, as I let myself fall down, but not before giving a token amount of resistance, so that they would not be too suspicious. While the guards easily restrained me I felt the sharp cool metal of a syringe enter a soft point in my neck.