Chapter 3: Blatant Lies

I just walked out of the library, and people were whispering. For some reason, they were looking in my direction. I turned around but no one was behind me. The girls in my dorm building gave me dirty looks. Of course, I ignored them. What the fuck was their problem? I've only been on campus for a day.

After I opened the door to my room, I heard 'Salute' by Little Mix playing on my roommate's laptop. She was on her bed, putting on mascara. She closed the turquoise compact mirror in her hand and smiled when she noticed me.

"Oh. It's just you," she said, as her smile disappeared.

I faked a laugh. "Yep. It's just me."

She had on a red short sleeved bodycon dress. I quietly shuddered when she wasn't looking. Red was a scandalous color. I could never wear that in public. People would judge me.

I glanced at my roommate. Her curves filled out the dress nicely. Then, I glanced down at my own body. If I wore that dress, I would look like a little girl who just started puberty.

The door swung open, and her light skinned friend came in. As I unpacked the rest of my clothes, 'Power' by Little Mix came on. They squealed loudly. I rolled my eyes.

My heart was broken and their unnatural happiness didn't help. They could've taken it somewhere else. Why do they get to feel powerful if I don't?

"What's got you so happy, Bianca?" The light skinned girl asked.

Bianca flipped her long dark hair over her shoulder. "Girl, I hit a reset button and got some head last night."

"As long as you're not crying into a tub of Ben & Jerry's, I'm happy for you."

"Anyway, it's time to go."

They left the room and closed the door. I went on Instagram. For five minutes, I scrolled through photos of Dick and I together. Those night time dates crossed my mind. They all ended with me giving him head. But he never gave me any in return.

None of those photos were on his Instagram. Yet, he had at least ten photos of him with that other bitch. How could he move on so quickly? I couldn't even imagine being with someone else.

I deleted my account. Out of sight, out of mind. I called, but Nate didn't answer. But then my phone rang. It was my mom.

Oh God. I groaned. What did she want? Once I answered the call, I instantly regretted it.

"What possessed you to cheat on Nate?!" My mom yelled.

I flinched. "I was just hanging out with him at a party. It was nothing."

"If you're coming home at 10, he's not your friend. Poor Nate. How could you do this to him?"

I clenched my fist. Nate snitched on me? That was completely against our agreement. How dare he?

That was why he didn't answer my calls. I didn't think he'd be petty enough to do this just because I didn't have feelings for him. He knew that and tore apart my image anyway? This was another problem I didn't need. The breakup was bad enough.

"Mom. Is that all he told you?" I asked.

She let out a sigh. "No. He told me that you spread your legs for him like a little slut."

In that moment, I was speechless. More tears spilled down my face. My life was over. The last person who should've known about my private life was my mom. That's when I broke down.

I sobbed. My heart was broken again. She really had the nerve to insult me, of all people. After all those years I spent, acting like the innocent little girl she loved. I couldn't even bring myself to talk. She probably didn't love me anymore.

"You did Nate dirty. Why are you crying? Fix it."

She hung up. I dropped my phone on the bed. My sobbing got louder. Nate was no longer a friend to me. He was a fucking traitor. I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it.

If anyone was done dirty, it was me. But my mom didn't know that. She wouldn't even understand.

Everything was out of control. I dialed Nate's number. It took at least three minutes for him to answer.

"Hello?"

"Why the fuck did you tell her about Dick? You ruined everything!" I yelled.

"Whoa. Can you calm down?"

"Hell no. My mom hates me now."

"Well, you shouldn't have given me blueballs. You fucking tease."

"All that over a kiss? Go fuck yourself."

I hung up. When I glanced at the door, Bianca and Tiffany were standing there. They stared at me with their eyebrows raised. I pursed my lips. This was the second most embarrassing moment of my life.

Tiffany and Bianca might not have showed it, but I could tell they were judging me. Who could blame them? I wanted to hide, but I couldn't. They would just laugh at me. After they slowly backed out of the room, I started sobbing again.

My next was supposed to start in ten minutes. So, I got up and picked up my pink backpack. I wiped the tears as I walked to the building. My problem won't stop me from continuing my day.

By the time I made it to the classroom, the crying stopped. I walked past a few other students with a fake smile on my face. At the back of the class, I sat by myself. After my breakdown, I didn't want to be noticed.