𝟏𝟑, 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞

third person.

"who you texting?" corbyn asked his brown-headed friend who was smiling at his phone.

"estrella." daniel mumbled softly, blushing. "well pay attention to us!" jack threw a pillow at the boy.

"jesus jack." he mumbled, rubbing his head. "yeah, ever since you met her, you've been all about her nonstop," jonah smirked.

"yeah so? y'all we the same way with the girls before you started dating them." daniel turned off his phone only to receive another message from estrella making him smiled all over again.

zach rolled his eyes, "it's true, and again this is going to be daniels first girlfriend." he teased.

daniel rolled his eyes. "don't roll your eyes it's true. you both like each other." corbyn spoke up.

"for real. just ask her on a date already." jack threw another grape into zachs mouth and for the thirty-seventh time he missed and let out a groan.

"let me try now." zach grabbed the bowl of grapes. "and yeah daniel. even i've been on a few dates with diana." he spoke after throwing a grape to jack.

"i don't know. i-" jonah interrupted the boy, "we know you want it to be perfect. she doesn't care on how perfect it is. she likes you." he pointed out which was already pretty obvious.

daniel pressed his lips together, turning off his phone once more, "i can't even afford anything though." he mumbled.

"well, we'll help you. when have we never helped you." corbyn told him.

"i did it!" zach cheered as he made a grape in jacks mouth. jack laughed, "okay, okay, my turn again." he grabbed the bowl.

"you guys i know i hate asking for money." daniel messed with his phone, flipping it.

"what about the contest? we can win it and technically we aren't lending you money." zach threw a grape at jack since he missed and hit zachs forehead.

"sorry." jack mumbled.

"finally zach has a good idea." corbyn laughed, and the younger one grabbed a grape and threw it to him, and surprisingly it made it into his mouth.

"if we do the contest i doubt we'll win. and if we do i'd share the money with you guys." daniel sighed.

"then don't. you need the money more than we do anyways." jack said.

"i know but-" jonah interrupted him again, "but nothing. daniel i'm should keri would be fine with you spending a bit of money for yourself. mostly because you won it."

daniel bit his lip, thinking, "this is too much to think about right now."

"how much money do we get if we win?" zach asked. "five thousand." corbyn answered. zachs eyes widen.

"our school's rich remember?" jack told him. "oh yeah."

"plus if we do win which i doubt it, my mom would need half for the house rent and food. then i'd take some and christian cause he has to go back to college. and anna- i don't know. and we'll definitely have more and i'll share it with you-" daniel rambled on but soon got cut off by corbyn.

"daniel we don't need the money. just keep it for yourself. you never know when you'll really need it."

the blue-eyed boy sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "when is the contest anyways?" he asked.

"it's in december. it's on the tenth before we go on winter break." jonah sat next to daniel on the couch.

"less than a month," daniel mumbled. "well it doesn't hurt to try to win."