Chapter 1

Hey guys! :D So obviously this is the very first story I have EVER wrote, so it will take me a while to get used to it :) I'll post a new chapter every week because I'm really busy and need time to write. I love Cody Simpson soooo much and am a HUGE fan! And I know all of you are too so I decided to write this and bring you on this amazing love journey! Hope you enjoy :) <3 xx

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Ugh! Mom, do I have to?" I complained, while flopping on our giant leather couch.

"Yes Brandi, you do." my mom snapped. "Now, I'm late for work so get dressed, and go introduce yourself." She bent down and kissed my forehead before walking out the door. "Don't forget to bring the cookies!"

My mom and I just moved here to L.A from Ontario, Canada. She got a huge job promotion that she just couldn't turn down. She was always at work now and we never had any bonding time. But hey, I'm 14, I like being alone sometimes. I miss my friends at school the most. I mean, they were the only people I ever spent any time with. Now my mom thinks that introducing myself to the new neighbors will replace my friends. But honestly, I really didn't want to meet them.

I went upstairs to my bathroom and took a hot shower. I got dressed in a tan coloured knitted shirt, dark washed jean shorts, and my white Vans. I then straightened my long blonde hair and put in my contacts and make-up. I was ready to go.

As I was walking downstairs I was greeted by my golden retriever, Peanut. She heavily panted and jumped up on me. "Hey girl!" I said, as I stroked her head. "You wanna treat? Come on!" She followed me to the kitchen and I gave her one of the cookies out of the basket for the neighbors.

They'll never know, right?

I took the basket and headed out the door. I walked over to the large house, that looked pretty similar to mine. I went on the porch and fixed my hair.

You wanna make a good impression don't you?

I softly knocked on the door. After a few moments, a tall brunette woman greeted me.

"Hi!" I said, "I'm your new neighbour Brandi. I just thought I'd bring over these cookies to introduce myself." I held out the basket to her.

"Thank you so much dear! Why don't you come inside so you can meet the family." she said with a smile, and lead me inside the kitchen. I tried not to gasp as I walked in. This thing was huge! It had a giant white fridge, a long countertop that stretched all around the room, and a marble counter island in the middle.

"I'm Angie, nice to meet you." she said, and stuck out her hand. I nervously shook it and she smiled. "So, what brings you to the area?"

"Well, I just moved her from--" I was cut off by a loud girly voice.

"Hi! I'm Alli!" she squealed, and pulled me in for an unexpected hug.

I giggled, and replied, "Hey, I'm Brandi."

"Wow, Brandi! That's such a nice name. You know, if I had a daughter I would name her Brandi because its really pretty and--"

"That's enough Alli." Angie cut her off, and smiled. "I'm sorry about that. Alli is just really excited to have another girl to hang out with. Ever since we moved here she has lost touch with her friends."

"That's alright, I know how it feels." I said, and Alli smiled again.

"Hey, how about you sleep over tonight and we can get to know each other better!" she shouted.

I nodded, "Sure, that will be great." Wow, its actually kind of nice to have another girl my age to hang out with.

"Okay! I'm so excited!" she called, and opened the fridge to get a popsicle. "You want one?" She handed out a popsicle to me.

"No thanks." I said, and shook my head. Just then I heard fast footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

"Popsicle?!" a deep but soft voice yelled. "I want a popsicle!" And just then a tall boy with soft blonde hair sprinted around the corner. He was wearing a dark blue v-neck which showed off his abs. He ran to the island then stopped when he saw me. I held out my hand to introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm Bra--" I was cut off by his deep voice.

"You're beautiful." he said, and smiled. He cupped his hand over his mouth once he realized he said that out loud. "I'm sorry, um, what was your name again?" he stuttered, holding his hand out. I smiled at his sudden compliment.

"I'm Brandi." I said, and rested my hand into his open hand. He leaned down and gently kissed the back of my palm.

"I'm Cody, Cody Simpson." he replied, and let go of my hand. My mouth then dropped open and I smiled. I knew I recognized him from somewhere!

"Ahh, I thought I recognized you." I smoothly said.

"Yeah, I thought you would." he smirked.

Just then I felt something vibrate in my pocket. I took out my iPhone and saw a text from my mom asking what I wanted for dinner. I put it back in my pocket.

"Sorry guys, I have to leave now. It's so nice meeting you all. Alli, I'll see you tonight." She smiled.

"See you tonight Brandi!" she exclaimed.

"Bye sweetheart! Thanks for the cookies!" Angie called.

"Anytime!" I replied, and headed back out to the door. As I was about to go I felt a strong grip on my arm. It was Cody.

"Wait gorgeous," he smirked, and handed me a piece of paper.

"What's this?" I asked curiously.

"My number. I'll text you soon." He released his grip on my arm.

I nodded and skipped down the stairs and back to my house.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Okay! That was the very first chapter! :D I hope you all liked it. Please comment what you thought, I love to get feedback! I'll post another chapter soon, so add this to your library to keep reading! :) Thank you all so much! Love you <3 xx