Open

a/n: any title that says open refers to you (the reader) choosing whatever character you desire. there is no name or appearance described.

As the bride walked down the aisle, he only focused on you. The maid of honor, adorned in mauve and gold, like some divine being. He was happy for his friends sure, but their wedding made him seriously consider his future with you.

A rose colored time, with sunlight streaming into the bedroom as small feet danced along the hardwood outside of the door. The soft padding of paws joyfully following.

The scent of vanilla and lavender filling the kitchen. Hearty laughs from the bottom of their stomachs. Coffee pots half full of day old brew and tired smiles from newborns and their infinite curiosity of this new world.

The gentle notes of the radio accompanying the twirling as the aroma of sizzling delicacies cracked in time. The log bearing a soothing warmth and the twinkling of Christmas lights casting a soft glow around your face. The crisp leaves crunching as the calls of costumed children rang out across the street.

The tears of joy over pink lines and planning names and pets. The planting of sunflowers and roses and daises with the smell of dirt and sweat with happiness.

Blinking his eyes dry, he made the resolve that you and him would be there. The diamond that would soon adorn your finger, sitting impatiently in the drawer of his nightstand. A soft smile on his lips, eyes never leaving you.

He couldn't wait.