Chapter Forty-Eight: A Tasteful Event

"Not in your fucking life time, Dandelion Fluff." I sneered, looking at the literal ray of sunshine personified.

His wide smile nearly blinded me, "Come on, it's not that bad. It'll just be for a few hours."

Throwing the bottle of brown gunk to shatter against the closest tree, I twisted back to face him with a smile, "Oops. Looks like it slipped."

"That's okay. I brought an extra bottle." Puck states cheerfully, before digging into the pack he brought.

Growling in irritation, I lunged at him with my hands outstretched to wrap around his swan-like neck but a gust of wind pushed me back. Stumbling on the dirt path, I shot Bria a dirty look that she shrugged at while running an affectionate hand over the Seelies shoulder. The little fucker preened underneath his girlfriend's attention, his grin growing impossibly wider as he held out the bottle of crushed Bry berries.

"One of these days, Sunshine. I'm going to rip that fucking grin of yours right off your smug-"

Cutting off my words, Dani laughed, "Divines, Macha. What did he do to you? You were fine with him when you guys first met, you don't even treat other Seelies like this."

"That was before I knew what a happy personality he had." I spat in disgust. "There's just something about him that sets me off."

Puck suddenly perked up, "You know if you think about it, because you're a Divine, aren't you technically half Seelie?"

The forest became deadly still.

Eyes narrowing, I hissed, "I don't know when or how but I'm going to murder you in the most unspeakable way possible. So unspeakable in fact, that I'll be buried for it."

The golden boy blinked and then crowed, "Sounds like they'll remember us for centuries! Two best friends, marked with tragedy! How lovely!"

I froze for a minute at his sheer idiocy before rushing towards him with every intention of snapping his neck like a flower stem. Dani jumped in between us and knocked me back with a gust of wind and shouted, "Enough!"

"I swear, Dani. He has to be doing this on purpose. There's no way the fucker is that-"

"Enough, Macha. We don't have time for this."

Grumbling under my breath, I snapped, "I am not putting that shit in my hair."

"It's temporary dye, Macha. It'll be gone in a matter of hours." She replied, grabbing the bottle from Puck to wave it at me.

Eyeing the bottle in disgust, I caressed one of my blue locks as I looked at them all, "No way. You're asking me to cover up my second best quality and with boring ass brown no less."

"Hey!" Erick snapped.

I raised my hands in a 'well am I wrong?' gesture.

"Out of curiosity, what do you consider your best quality?"

Flicking my gaze to Bria, I gave her a confused look, "Obviously it's my sparkling witt and loveable personality, Babes."

Green brows shot into her hairline as she opened her mouth but was rudely cut off by Dani, "Bria, I know. I know. But we really don't have all the time in the realm to dissect that delusion right now."

"You bitches." I gasped, ready to defend my best qualities.

"Please, My Queen. We can't have them finding out that your in the kingdom and everyone with blue hair is getting a second glance right now." Erick interrupted.