Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine - Past Love

Monday, 30th March 2020

KRYSTALLIA

"You're mad that it looked like I was flirting with the staff."

He glared at me with the most no shit, Sherlock look as he snapped, "No fucking way, I didn't know."

He turned to face me, "I came here to get away from guys ogling over you, and your own staff, people who work for you, comes in and tries to get their way with you?"

I had a calm expression on as I got down from the stool, closing the jar and picking up my bag before tugging on his sleeve gently, "Let's talk in my room."

I have a knack for manipula- I mean, coaxing- people into doing things my way after knowing their weaknesses. It's useful for work.

In Zach's case, it's softness from me.

He stared at me before picking up his own bag and grabbing my hand, "Okay."

Score.

I led him up to my room and closed the door behind us. We placed our bags by my desk before I made him sit on the bed as I sat next to him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rub...that in your face," I apologized for what happened in the kitchen and he looked up from his lap to meet my eyes.

"I'm getting jealous too easily, aren't I?" he spoke quietly as if he was scared he would be scolded like a child. I placed a hand on his arm to relax him, "It's okay. But I'm here. I'm not going anywhere, Zach. Even though I get along with the staff easier, they still work for the Estrada family. They'll still need to be professional at times."

He seemed to relax and turned to wrap his arms around me before burying his face in the crook of my neck, "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Staying with me."

I smiled and returned the hug.

***

We had been laying on the bed for half an hour. Zach had relaxed from the day and soon enough, he dozed off, giving me a chance to get some work done.

I slowly pried his arm off my waist as I untangled my legs from his. I got up and replaced myself with a pillow and smiled when I saw Zach grabbing onto the fluff and cuddling closer.

I pulled the duvet over his shoulder to let him be comfortable before I turned and headed for the hidden weapons room. As soon as I got in, I immediately laid down an order, "Crystal Undead, camera 314 and 315."

The selected cameras projected and I moved it to the side so I could keep an eye on Zach as I worked.

***

I was sorting out the files of clients, finding more information about them when I noticed movement from the cameras.

Zach was waking up.

"Pause everything," I said and the AI replied, "Yes, Krystallia."

I walked out of the room, locking the hidden door behind, and covered it with clothes before walking out of the closet.

"Hey," I said to a sleepy Zach rubbing his eyes. He noticed me and made grabby hands towards me like a child. I shook my head with a smile before walking to the bed and letting him pull me into his arms.

He nuzzled into my hair before inhaling, "You smell good."

I raised an eyebrow, letting out a simple 'huh' before pushing his chest to make him lie down.

"Go back to sleep," I said, placing the euro pillow back in its place. He pouted before grabbing my arm and tugging me towards him, "Sleep with me."

I shook my head and smiled, "Just sleep. I'm right here."

"But I want you to be with me," he pushed his bottom lip out, staring at me with puppy dog eyes.

He knows my weakness.

I sighed before lying next to him and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling us closer together. He covered both of us with the duvet before kissing my forehead.

"Now I can sleep in peace," he chuckled and I gave him a half-smile. He leaned down to press his forehead to mine and closed his eyes. I gently stroked his clean-shaven jawline as I waited for him to lose consciousness.

Once his heartbeat fell steady, I found my mind wandering to the past yet again.

Saturday, 28th January 2017

THIRD PERSON

"Someone from somewhere somehow broke in and stole a good amount of M16A4 ammunition," Kristian said and glanced at his twin who was rubbing his temple.

The girl looked at the files with pictures from the security cameras at the time of the robbery, trying to figure out who was behind the mask.

"We can count out Lava Predators. Their gang's too small and they can't steal for the lives of them," she said, inspecting each picture carefully.

Kristopher came and placed a hand on her shoulder, "We can count out Vexion too. We may not be full allies but we have a pact, and they'd be stupid to go against us."

"What else was stolen?" she asked, looking up at her brothers and Kristian shrugged, "Marijuana, about seventy kilos."

"Requires a big gang to carry out that much in one trip," Kristopher concluded but Krystallia shushed both of them up by holding up a hand.

She hesitantly lifted her head and turned to look at the door. Taking small steps towards it, she paused before pulling the door open to see Ezrick, her boyfriend with a scared expression on his face.

"Fuck," was all she could muster up before her brothers went to grab him and take him down to the basement. She took her phone and dialed her best friend before placing it against her ear.

"Hello?" Sam said on the other line and she muttered quietly, "Get here...please..."

***

She watched as her own brothers torture her boyfriend to make him forget whatever he heard, and her.

It started from a simple beating up until it escalated to injecting him with drugs. They couldn't take any chances of this going out into the public so they had to take as much precaution as they can.

She loved him.

He loved her.

Six months may be a little short, but they knew deep down that they loved each other, even if they didn't admit it.

And now, it came down to her watching him getting tortured. Sam arrived shortly and pulled her into his arms, making her face away from the scene. She buried her face in his chest as she listened to Ezrick's pleads.

Sam softly whispered soothing words in her ear, calming her down as she tried her hardest not to cry.

But when an agonizing scream left her boyfriend's mouth, tears streamed down her face, staining her best friend's shirt wet.

Never had she cried for anyone after her parents.

Ezrick being the first.

He really loved her.

And she really loved him.

Thank you for choosing to read AYR.

See you!

-Phantom