Volume Two Ch. Two: Scheming Up

Start from the beginning

~First Person~

Well, I knew I had to make a small trip to Ozpin's office yet, I stopped by the cafeteria for a bundle of butter cookies before making my way up to the Headmaster's office. And by up, I meant chaining wall-runs and grapple shots before finally landing right below an open window to the office. Yet, I heard another voice within aside from Ozpin's.

"Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival."

"Well, you know how much I love Vale, this type of year. Besides, with you hosting? I thought this would be a good time to...'catch-up?'"

"I myself am a honey mustard connoisseur."

Making my presence known by pulling myself up to the window, I took immediate notice of a man with slicked back black hair that was white at the sides. He had a pretty strong jaw feature to him yet, he didn't seem the "get to the choppa" type of jawline. He wore a white with silver details uniform that reminded me of what a General wears complete with secondary colors. This case, it was navy blue, fitting given the armada of ships, and red so that definitely meant he was a General. Although, he had something odd going on with his right hand being gloved and his right leg having something similar to a brace. He also wore a look of shock so, I know for a fact I caught him off guard with my appearance. First impressions are important. And I wanted to be known as a Sigma kind of guy.

Although Ozpin was less than taken back by my appearance since he would chuckle that the General was taken aback by my sudden appearance. Turning around as he stood next to his chair, with an extra mug aside his own and a brewing pot, Ozpin looked at me with an amused grin as he held the spare cup and poured what I could assume was coffee...or hot chocolate. Holding it out to me, I gladly took it as I lifted the bottom of my helmet up after taking a seat on the window sill. Popping open that packet of butter cookies from the cafeteria, I dunked one into the mug and bit it-its both...Hot chocolate and coffee...I didn't expect it so, it took me aback a bit at first but, the taste was pretty comforting and warm.

"Glad you could appear, Pilot. I take it the elevator was occupied?"

"Yep. Also because my Goodwitch sensor was going off the charts so, I took a detour to avoid detention again."

"I assume this has something to do with the fact Miss Rose was running around the halls with a happy smile and a live large caliber round in her hand?"

"Oi! That smile was too cute! I couldn't pass up on it!"

I do not regret that. Our little conversation was then interrupted by the clearing of a throat as we both then looked to the General. He wore a rather General kind of face that made me want to drop what I was doing and tear a new one into a JROTC rifleman. Instincts.

"And I assume this would be...?"

"Yes. Mister Pilot? Meet General James Ironwood of the Atlas Military Academy."

"...Ozzy? Judging from the fact you introduced me so casually, this wouldn't be the second time I was brought up to him...?"

I was irked... Ozpin's voice was a bit too lax given the circumstances at the moment as General Ironwood, who I wonder if he actually does have an iron wood, looked at me. I know for a fact he was scanning my pilot gear with intent that I had scene several times on the faces of Quartermasters checking me out. And not just for my ass but, for my tech. Ozpin would simply nod with a reassuring look that was unwavering.

"It would have been better that he found out first hand."

"Is it true, Pilot? Ships capable reaching the stars? Machines that are linked to man so both can be one?"