"(Y/N)?" She questions as she sees you sitting on the floor surrounded by a mess. "What happened? Are you ok?" She puts her bags down and walks over to kneel next to you. You look up at her and tears fill your eyes.

"I'm so sorry Em," you say with a shake of your head. "I wanted everything to be perfect but it all got messed up. I burned the food, they delivered the wrong gift, and the ornaments are broken and now our first Christmas is ruined."

She tilts her head at you and gives you a light laugh, causing you to furrow your eyes in confusion. You had expected sadness at the best, anger at the very worst, but she was laughing?

"Nothing is ruined," she says as she places both of her hands on the sides of your face.

"It's not?" You question and again she laughs.

"Of course not. As long as I am here with you, then it is the perfect first Christmas." A smile comes onto your face and you let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you're home Em," you say as you look at her adoringly. She leans in and places a gentle kiss on your lips.

"I too now let's see what pizza places are open."

Mistletoe

Now you aren't a scrooge by any means. You loved Christmas. But there was one tradition that you dreaded and that was mistletoe.

Either you end up standing under the mistletoe with somebody you don't like and then it's awkward, or you're standing with somebody you like, but the kiss is bad. Overall nothing good comes out of it and the whole thing just seems pointless to you. But despite how you feel, it seems like everybody else loves the stuff.

Every year without fail, at the beginning of December, those little green bundles start popping up everywhere at Quantico. Between the front door and your desk, you've counted four separate pieces of mistletoe hanging up around the building.

"Who keeps hanging up more damn mistletoe?" you ask exasperated as you collapse onto your chair at your desk.

"I think you may have a certain blonde techie to blame for that," JJ says as she points towards Garcia's office.

"She's been hanging them?" You ask in surprise and JJ just shrugs her shoulders.

"I wouldn't put it past her, you know how she just loves love," JJ says with a laugh.

"I'm going to go talk to her," you say to JJ as you get up and make your way to Garcia's office.

After knocking on the door, you hear her say come in, so you open the door and walk in to sit down in one of the extra chairs she has.

"Garcia I have a question," you say and she turns her attention to you.

"About what, sugarplum?" she asks.

"Do you know where all of this mistletoe is coming from?" you ask. She laughs and lightly hits your shoulder.

"From me silly," she says as though that was the most obvious answer to my question.

"Why?" You ask and she looks at you with a confused face.

"Oh wow I didn't realize I was talking to the grinch," she says with furrowed eyebrows. You roll your eyes and shake your head.

"I'm not the Grinch Garcia, I just don't like mistletoe is all," you say as you look back at her. A smirk is slowly growing on her face and you're filled with a strange sensation of fear.

"I think you dislike mistletoe because the right person has never been standing under it," she says with a wink.

"What, Garcia, no," you say with a scoff, but that just makes her laugh.