𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖝

"refrain from moving, you're only making it worse for yourself." you reasoned with him, attempting to keep your voice level.

of course he paid no heed to your advice, and reached below the back of his neck to yank the scalpel from his skin. he screamed in pain as he did so, and tossed the blade away. "sir, please stop squirming around so much you'll hurt yourself," you tried again.

this time, as a response, instead of merely ignoring you, he tried to provoke you by disobeying. this only resulted in him falling off the hospital bed in which he was being carried to an operation room in. you crouched down next to him, and grabbed his collar.

"if you don't cooperate with us, i will kill you right here and right now. don't you ever forget that doctors save patients every single fucking day. i know exactly how to kill you and not get caught." you threatened. "so what will it be?"

your father finally seemed to catch on to the fact that he was at a disadvantage as of now, and finally began to cooperate with you and your operation theatre staff. "smart choice." you muttered under your breath before stepping away from him. "take him to the operating room, i need to change into my scrubs."

the hospital staff went ahead, and you felt more at ease knowing that your father wasn't capable of much harm now. although he'd only been stabbed with a scalpel of all things, the way he ripped it out caused much more damage than good. he'd also hit his head quite a few times in his struggle against the nurses, so he seemed worn out.

you hadn't realised until you examined him up close, but he had a lot more fresh injuries that what you had inflicted. you spoke to the two nurses who were with him in the room and they admitted that they were responsible for the few bruises forming on his body.

"good work." you said softly, offering them a gentle smile. "i'm sorry you had to go through that. i'll take care of it from here, alright?"

"thank you, (l/n)."

"no worries, go get some rest." the nurses scurried off, and you were about to go your own way when you heard your name being called.

"(f/n)!"

"wakatoshi."

"are you okay? did he do anything?" ushijima asked, lifting your chin to search your face.

"nothing happened to me. if anything, you should be asking my father if he's okay."

"did something happen?"

"i may or may not have stuck a scalpel into his back."

"(f/n)... did you really?"

"do i look like i'm kidding wakatoshi?"

"i'd normally be very concerned but right now, i'm just glad you're not the one who's hurt." he sighed and pulled you into a hug. "and as a cop i shouldn't condone your actions, but i'm very proud of you."

"for surviving?

"yes. and stabbing him." ushijima added.

"pfft— if anyone heard you, they'd think i planned this." you chuckled. "i can take care of myself now. just trust me, okay?"

"...yeah." he nodded eventually. "you're right. you're more than capable of handling the situation."

"toshi, i've to go. i'm helping with the surgery. the scalpel stab wasn't very life threatening at all, he'll just need a few stitches and maybe a check up to make sure he doesn't have a concussion and we can have him over to your team, but i need to be there so he doesn't go ape shit on any more hospital staff."

"stay safe." he told you and you smiled.

"of course."

~•~

you were usually always prepared for the absolute worst, especially right before entering the operation theatre, but the chaos unfolding before you was truly something else.

"what do you mean he hit his head again?" you demanded.

"he was resisting against a nurse again, and lost control of his strength. his head banged pretty hard against the door knob and he's been unresponsive ever since."

"let me inside."

"you're aware you can only assist right now, right?" the nurse in charge clarified.

"yes. i just need to be there to ensure everything is done to keep that man alive."

"...why?" she inquired.

"hm?"

"i heard he practically ruined your life. why would you want to save him?"

"save him? you're mistaken." you chuckled, brushing past the nurse. "i want him alive, so i can make him suffer."

~•~

wooooo it's been 2 months since i updated this i'm so sorry!! but i'm publishing another chapter soon <33

this book is so damn close to its end that it's scaring me wtf?, i'm not ready to let go lmaooo

but on the bright side, i'm writing so many other fics with and i ahve multiple drafts that i'm tempted to publish so aaaaa i'm really excited!!

anyways take care and stay safe everyone <33