0.7

He told me I was
a work of art
but baby a
work of art is
nothing compared to a
masterpiece.
[Not mine, sorry I don't know who wrote this.]
- - -
We tell ourselves to apply a little more makeup for him, dress a little bit more cute for him, to change a little bit more for him.

But that's not love that's trying hard for a irrelevant boy, if he loved you he would love you're naked face, he would love you're ratty homeless looking clothes, he would love you for you.

Newport cigarette smoke fills my nostrils, Jack and I are sitting in the powder-like snow while he smokes, Jack said his aunt won't let him smoke in the house.

Jack looked unbelievably cold, he wore a paper thin teeshirt with a checkered black and red flannel with some ripped blue jeans.

"You know we have never hugged," Jack says inhaling the cigarette

"Hm" I hum "Guess we haven't" I laugh

"C'mere," Jack says holding his arms out widely

I crawl over to him the cold snow freezes my fingers, numbing my hands.

He wraps his arms tightly around me, I buried my face in the crook of his neck inhaling deeply, he smelled like smoke and woods and it is the best smell in the world.

Jack's arms tighten around my waist pulling me closer, I tighten my arms around him to.

My body feels like I'm back and forth to burning hot water to ice cold water, but it's addicting, oh so addicting.

"If I would have known you were such a good hugger I would have hugged you sooner," Jack says his voice muffled by my hair

A grin stretches across my face and I clutch onto his flannel inhaling deeply once more, Jack and I soon pulled back and there was a big goofy grin on Jack's face that made my inside turn to liquid.

"You smell like chocolate," Jack says quietly "Is it a perfume?" He asks edging closer to me and our knees brush against each others

"No it's shampoo," I laugh running a hand through my hair

"I like it." He says while pulling out another cigarette

I like you, is what I want to say and it almost slips off my tongue I had to muster all the strength in my body not to.

I chew on my bottom lip as Jack takes another puff, it seem like it's been ages since we first met when it's only been a month but I feel like I've know this boy my whole life, my teeth chatter as the wind blows harsher kissing my face.

"Are you cold?" Jack asks

I hold up my index finger and thumb pinching them together, Jack laughs lowly with a smile on his lips.

Oh god his lips, his lips are chapped due to the weather, bright red and swollen and in that moment I really have the desire to find out what he tastes like, to find out how our lips move.

Jack and I sat in his car parked in the middle of a field while Jack played music softly, it was 4:45 A.M Jack's eyes kept closing and then he'd jerk awake.

I told him to go to sleep but he refused being him stubborn self.

"Did you know that you're the most prettiest girl I've ever seen?" Jack asks sluggish from sleep

I turn my head to look at him to see he's already looking at me.

Butterflies infested my stomach and a grin found it's way onto my face.

"Did you know you're the most beautifulest boy I've ever seen." I say leaning the chair backward

Jack repeats my actions turning onto his side putting his hands around him, I turn to be facing him and put my hands under my cheek.

"You're a work of art." Jack smiles reaching out pushing a piece of hair out of my face

"You're a masterpiece." I say grabbing his hand tying our fingers together

"You're hands are soft," Jack mumbles

I laugh and brought our hands to my mouth kissing his hand gently.

"I'm not going to sleep" Jack says wiping his eyes

"Sure," I snort "You can if you want to though."

"Nope," Jack grins

Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran hummed through the speakers, Jack wouldn't stop looking at me his eyes would droop every now and then, he looked so attractive even with sleep coating his eyes.

"Would it be a bad time to ask you to dance?" Jack asks with a goofy grin on his lips

"No," I say quietly

Jack sits up and opens the door and a cool breeze flows throughout the car, I open my meeting Jack at the front of the car.

I drape my arms around his neck burying my face into the crook of his neck while his arms tie around my waist pulling my deeper into his embrace.

Our bodies move slowly together swaying in a slow pace, it feels like the first time we danced.

We were surrounded by the cold wind and the soft humming of Ed Sheeran, I would
be a ice cube if Jack wasn't holding me.

He's so warm like the sun, it makes you never want to let him go because his touch is intoxicating.

And I never want to let him go.