28. frustrated

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jay's POV

"Dad please stop forcing her to do what she doesn't want to." I ran my hands through my hair and let a big sigh obviously frustrated because of the situation. "Jay she needs to learn it. If not with simple words then let it be the hard way." I looked at my father and scoffed unbelievably. He stared at me with hard eyes as I looked away. He was being way too mean with Somin, my sister.

"But she's still a human being. Don't be so hard on her." The elderly woman held her husband's hands softly as I gritted my teeth. I respect my father a lot. But sometimes he goes overboard. He shouldn't have forced Somin with so much work. It made her attempt to kill herself.

I walked outside the operation theatre waiting for the doctor to come out but it's been a while and he still didn't give us any information. "Please be alright..." I mumbled in nervousness as I bit my lips. The theatre door opened revealing the masked doctor. "She's fine." I closed my eyes in relief and quickly went to her room.

The room was quiet and I saw her sleeping body on the bed. She almost looked dead. I sat beside her and slowly reached out for her hand. "Please don't do this again.." I whispered looking at her with a soft expression. "I think it'll be better if you stay by her side for a couple of days. I'll inform your school." I looked at the old man whose eyes were now filled with guilt and just nodded. Yea Somin needed me at the moment.

-

Jiwoo's POV

I woke up right before the alarm rang and just stayed in my bed for a while still processing what my existence was for. And then I remembered what happened yesterday. Expecting to have a bucket of texts from Jay I grabbed my phone only to have 0 notifications. I sighed in disappointment. "Come on Jiwoo you're so stupid. He probably has better stuffs to do." I got out of the covers and made my way to get ready for school.

"Hey Jugyeong." Seemed like Jugyeong came back in the morning. She wouldn't attend school since they had a day off so I just set out on my own. With the hope that Jay might tag along I walked slowly thinking he might be late or something but I guess no.

Reaching school I met the others and hanged out for a bit but curiosity got the best of me. "Where's Jay?" I broke the silence between the boys who were studying. "Uhh I don't really know, his father called yesterday and Jay just left in a hurry after they talked." Jake cleared my confusion and I nodded my head forming a 'o'. I looked over at my phone. Still no messages from him. Gosh he's probably busy.

-

I couldn't focus at all. The last class was way too boring and unnecessary. Atleast for me, so I just decided to skip. Dangling my legs on the edge of the rooftop I sucked my sucker while looking at the white sky on top. It was so cold but little did I care. My mind was somewhere else. 'I wonder what happened.' Shrugging off after having no answer I heard the bell ring meaning school was over and grabbed my bag to go home.

"Let's go home I guess." It was snowing on my way home. The others had some stuff to do so it was just me walking down the cold and isolated alley. Depressing. It made me feel depressed. You aren't supposed to be alone when it's snowing. But maybe life is just unfair sometimes. I was alone on the first snow and I'm lonely now as well.

Next day

It's been two days I haven't talked to Jay and it was starting to worry me now. I sighed giving up on studies and unlocked my phone to Jay's dm. With full of nervousness I started typing.

Me :
Jay

Are you okay?

Please answer

It's been two days Jay

Did something happen?

When are you going to come back?

I miss you

Please be alright

I turned off my phone in frustration and closed my eyes leaning on the chair. It was really worrying me out. Jay would always text me. But now it's been two days. Something was up and I knew it. All I hoped for at that moment was for Jay to be okay.

-

Somin's POV

"Come on Jay just go home, you're tired." I bit my cookie as I looked at my exhausted brother. I was a pain the last couple days and Jay handled me during that time. "I'm fine." He lazily closed his eyes lying on the couch while I sighed giving up. And then I started hearing beeping noises. They were from Jay's phone. I grabbed it as Jay stared at me waiting for me to reply who was texting him. "Someone named Jiwoo." I didn't see her texts. Just the ones that were visible on the lockscreen.

I looked up to see the young boy sigh. So this is about a girl. Okay. "Jay. Go home. Not for me. Atleast for her." I softened my voice as he looked up at me. "But you're sick. I can't just leave you here." He's so stupid. "I'm alive, that's what matters." I looked at his phone which were getting bombarded with messages and unknowingly saw the last two messages. 'Please be okay' 'i miss you'. I let out a soft chuckle seeing the texts as Jay looked at me confused.

"You don't wanna tense her up. She's precious, boy. Go meet up with her before she dies cuz I bet she's very worried about you."

-

Jiwoo's POV

It was past 11pm now. Still no reply. I was on the verge of crying. Is he ignoring me? Did something happen to his family? Please what if he doesn't come back? All these questions arose in my head as a tear slipped from my eye. I was anxious. And anxiety got the best of me. I wanted to call but then I'd look like I'm being needy. But I am. I can't help it. I wanna see him. I wanted to beat him up for leaving without any notice and then not answering any of the calls and messages. I wiped my tears which were now falling helplessly. Gosh why am I crying silly.

I was packed with so many different kinds of feelings at the moment. It was overwhelming at this point that it led me to sob.

I was going to have to cry myself to sleep but I froze when I saw a text from Jay.

"I'm outside your dorm."

| | • • • • • | |

Guess who fell asleep instead of updating 😎Not my fault 😭 I update at like 4am

Not my fault 😭 I update at like 4am. Wait wtv it is my fault 🤡
But yea enzoy~