preference 122 » someone important dies

warnings: death & violence
+ these aren't based on actual scenes don't worry guys

STEFAN: You broke to tears and hugged Stefan tightly. He hugged you back, although he did not know what was going. "What happened?", he was worried as you cried out loud, heavily and with a broken heart. "Jeremy's gone, Stefan", was all you had to say to make his heart shatter along with yours. Jeremy had suffered a terrible fate, and after many attempts of getting him back, everyone had realized he was officially gone. Stefan and you cried together for the rest of the night, but cuddled and enjoyed the warmth of each other.

DAMON: "D—Damon?", you stuttered and wiped your tears as you searched for him in the house. But when you saw him, you couldn't hold in more tears as ran to his arms while crying. "Liz is dead", you sobbed and hiccuped, while he held you and kissed the top of your head. "No, no, she can't—what?", Damon whispered in horror. You both tried to cope with the fact that Sheriff Forbes was gone, and couldn't even imagine what Caroline was going through right now.

JEREMY: You held Jeremy's hand while you had to watch Bonnie perform an important but tough spell. Tears ran along both of your faces, and you let out a screeching scream when Bonnie's body finally gave in and she went tumbling down, blood streaming down her face. The both of you ran to her, and tried to do something, but it was impossible to get her back. You sobbed together, and mourned the loss of your greatest friend.

ELIJAH: Even though Elijah was your boyfriend, he had always been close with Hayley. They were close friends, and you cared about her too. And then, she died, unexpectedly but luckily not painfully. "Y/N. Y/N, where are you?", you heard a heartbroken plead for your attention, which made you run to the front door immediately. You saw a broken, crying Elijah there and pulled him into a comforting hug. "She's gone", he whispered and broke in front of you, cried and took in all of your comfort.

KLAUS: Caroline was someone who meant a lot to you and Klaus both. So when she died, the pain was nearly unbearable. Somehow the dangers of her life had caught up, and before anyone could even say goodbye, she had been torn from her friends — you included. Unable to process the loss, both you and Klaus distanced yourselves from other people and drank your way through the heartache, living in sweet, blissful denial.

KOL: "Kol? Where are you?", you stammered through tears while speaking on the phone. "Darling, is everything alright?", he questioned with worry and concern in his voice, causing you to shake your head as you continued. "No, it's—it's Damon, he's gone", you broke into tears so hard it almost made you fall down. Kol never really liked Damon, but you being sad was enough to make him sympathize. "I'm on my way love", he promised before coming to you, so he could take care of you and cuddle with you until you fell asleep.

KAI: You pulled Kai into a hug, cold and emotionless as you just stared at the wall behind him. Elena had been your best friend of all time, and she had died. And it was something you didn't know if you could take and go through. "Elena is dead", you whispered quietly, not really understanding it yourself either, which was why you couldn't even cry — you just stood there in a hug that felt empty and meaningless. Like everything. She may have not meant to Kai as much as she did to you, but he was there for you and helped you through the tough times.