Chapter Ninteen: First Day Alone With The Boys!

Josh goes back to work today, which means i'll be alone with the boys. I'm a little nervous but, I know that I can do it. Ever since I had Brycen and Brayden, my mother skills have kicked in. On another note, I went to my moms appointment with her. Good news, she's eight weeks pregnant! The doctor ran some test and she said that the baby looked fine and was doing great. I'm so happy for my mom and Michael, and i've always wanted a sibling. I thought I would've had on by now because me and this child are going to be 18 years apart! When my mom get old the baby will only be in his or hers teens. Which kind of scares me.

"I'll only be gone for 12 hours babe, I mean I could call in but, how else would the money come in? You can't go back to work until next month so, I need to go." Josh laughed but, he was being serious at the same time. "Fine, fine, fine. Go, leave me to die." I replied buckling Brycen's onsie. "You're not going to die, you can do it. Just remember, you can always call your mom. I'm sure Michael wouldn't mind helping, he needs the practice." "You're right Josh, i'm sorry. You better go before you're late." I smiled before giving Josh a gentle kiss on the lips. "I love you." I added. "I love you to." Josh said smiling before walking out the door and leaving me here by myself.

I looked at the boys who were sleeping in there bouncers. This might not be as hard as I think.

Boy was I wrong! As soon as I started doing the dinner dishes from lastnight the boys started to scream. I dried my hands off and ran into the living room. They're both screaming. How do I do this? I've never held both of them at the same time. I guess I could try.

I sat down on the couch and picked Brycen up, and then Brayden. Brayden quit crying but, Brycen didn't. I slowly got up, and I walked up the stairs to the nursery. I took each step with caution. When I got to the nursery I laid Brayden down in the crib. I don't know how I did it but, I did. I'm super mom!

When I had Brayden in his crib I walked over to the fridge in the room and pulled out some breast milk. I put it in the microwave that was also in the room. The only reason we had these things put in here is because well, it comes in handy when you have a hungry screaming baby and you're to tired to walk downstairs to heat up a bottle.

After the bottle was heated to luke warm, I sat down in Brycen's rocking chair and fed him. I burped him every ounce. After he was done eating, he fell asleep. I slowly stood up and slowly laid him down in his crib. I quietly walked out of the room and back to the kitchen to finish the dishes. Which wasn't hard, we had a dishwasher. I love it, it makes having twins plus housechores so easy!

I finished the dishes and decided to watch some TV. 'Snookie and Jwow' was on, I left it on that channel. I quickly dose off. I couldn't help it, everytime the boys woke up lastnight I got up because Josh had to work a 12-hour shift. Which he isn't use to. He had to take in the extra hours. I was going to but, he told me not to worry about it. I didn't, I left my hours alone.

                                                                    *          *          *          *

I woke up to my house phone ringing. I answered the phone without even checking to see who it was.

"Hello?" I yawned into the phone. "Hey sweetie, how's it going?" My mom asked chirpy as ever. Ever since she found out she was pregnant she had been using this high-pitched voice. It's annoyying! "Good, the boys are sleeping. You just woke me up." I replied. "I'm so sorry sweetie, do you want me and Michael to come over and watch the boys so you can sleep?" Yes! I screamed in my head. "No, i'm fine." I lied. "Are you sure? I mean, we could use the practice honey. It's been 18 years since i've taken care of a baby. Michael needs more practice then I do. Please!" My mom begged. "Okay." I replied. "Be over in about 10 minutes." My mom replied before hanging up.

Thank you lord. Thank you lord. Thank you lord for making me have such an amazing mother! Thank you!

When my mom and Michael got here they both told me to go to bed. So, I did. I don't even remember falling asleep. That's the best sleep, when you don't remember falling asleep then you wake up refreshed.

When I woke up, it was dark outside. I checked the clock on my nightstand. It read '8:35PM' Josh should be getting off soon. He gets off work at nine, thank god! It really sucks that he has to go back tomorrow.

I walked downstairs and smelt something really good. I walked into the living room, Michael was passed out holding Brayden. I didn't see Brycen. I walked into the kitchen and Brycen was in his bounce on the table and, my mom was cooking.

"Mom, this is not safe." I said walking over to the table. "Yes it is, the only time it's not safe is when they're squirmy and move a lot." My mom laughed. I guess she has a point. "What are you making?" I asked walking over to the stove. "Enchalada's." My mom smiled. "It smells good, do you want any help?" "No, why don't you go shower. You're not going to get to do that as often as you use to." My mom laughed. I cringed at the thought of not showering. Yuck! How will I be able to do it?

I went upstairs, and took a shower. By the time I was done getting dressed and walking back into the kitchen Josh was home.

"Hey baby." I said smiling walking over to Josh who was holding Brycen. "Hey love." Josh replied giving me a kiss. "How was work?" "Tiring, we were so busy today. Everyone was wanting wood." Josh laughed. "Sorry but, mom is making dinner." I smiled. "I smell it, it smells delicious Amy." Josh smiled looking at my mom. "Oh, why thank you." My mom replied putting a hand over her heart. She is always dramtic about things but, I wouldn't want her any other way.

"Honey, do you mind setting the table while I go wake Michael up?" My mom asked. "Sure." I replied. I took out four plates, four forks, and four cups. After I had the table set my mom was making everyone's plates. Josh set Brycen down in his bouncer and Brayden was in the living room sleeping still.

After we all got done eating, my mom did the dishes and I helped her.

"Thank you so much mom, you are a true life saver." I said before giving my mom a hug. "Honey, you know I wouldn't let you do this alone." My mom smiled. "I know, and thank you too Michael." I smiled giving Michael a hug. "You're welcome." Michael smiled.

After they left me and Josh took the boys up to the nursery and laid them down in there cribs. I laid in bed while Josh took a shower. I ended up falling asleep again, not even realizing I did.